I Just Found A Lump On My Boy

lilypily

I just dicovered a lump on my 10yr old Chi x Pom :rolleyes:

It's on his chest, it feels quite deep, it's attatched to something inside.

I'll be on the phone to the vet 8:30 tomorrow morning to make an appointment.

Trying not to stress as it could be innocent, but my gut feeling is not too good.

Will update tomorrow. Wish us luck!!!!!

Edited by lilypily

Guest cloverfdch

Oh no :rolleyes:. Goodluck at the vets. My older girl has a lump on her chest aswell, quite deep and attached to something, she needs to go and get it tested again soon.

You will be in my thoughts.

Lilypily, let's know how you get on at the vets. Warm wishes coming your way.

Our 10 yr old tibbie girl went thro' something similar last year. We'll always be grateful to fellow DOL'ers for the information & support they gave. I'm so pleased you're getting the same.

The needle biopsy from our girl's lump...on her side...was not easy to diagnose. Cells were 'odd'... not clearly yet mast cells, but maybe on the way to changing.

So the vet removed the lump. Turned out to be the same as Piper's BC...a mass of fat cells.

Good luck at the vets - I hope it isn't anything serious.

Our GSD boy had a hard lump about the size of a large marble removed from his side recently - he was in for stitches on a leg cut and so the vet took it off while he was under. I didn't want to know if it was bad news so I told the vet not to tell me. When I went to pick my boy up the vet didn't mention it .... so I worried for the next few days as whether or not to ask for more details. When I took my boy back to have the stitches removed - I mentioned it to the vet and it turned out to be a fatty lump. Thank goodness.

Good news - It's just a fatty lump. YEY!!!!!!!

Just as well cause the vet checked his heart again (he has congestive heart failure) while his heart has not gotten any worse since his last check up YEY!!! the risk of an anaesthetic would still be to great for him if he ever did require surgery.

But i'm just happy he's ok.

Thanks all for your thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!