Turbo

sas

Turbo our beloved Great Dane came to live with us 6 months ago, we were to be his 3rd home, last month he turned 2.

Turbo brought some emotional baggage with him in the terms of what appeared to be fairly mild fear aggression, from day one we started working with him along side proffessionals to assist him.

Sadly each month he became more aggressive then 2 months ago he started acting neurotic whilst at home. He eventually became on edge 24/7 and highly fear aggressive, he was continualy stressed and nervious. The only dogs he could be around without attacking them was our other dane Leila and overtime he became more accepting of my parents labrador given he had enough space to escape if needbe, he was unable to tolerate a dog 200 metres away.

Medical tests were conducted and nothing abnormal was found, it was thought his condition was more genetic rather than a learnt behaviour of course not assisted by his previous lives with other families where he didn't have the best life.

We didn't want to go down the path of medicating him however we felt we were out of options, again we hit a brick wall and he continued to get worse.

Quite simply life was too stressful for our beautiful baby boy, his eyes darting constantly even when chilling out on his bed and it wasn't fair after trying all the options we had not to let him be at peace.

Turbs, we love you and we'll miss you and you'll always be our little baby boy and we'll miss that giant head of yours resting on anything available such as our heads!

post-4036-1141545865_thumb.jpg

Edited by sas

Oh sas, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can imagine how difficult this decision would have been for you.

Turbo was entitled to some peace in his life without living in fear, and he is now at peace. :)

Guest LittlePixie

Hey sasquatch. I know I've said this to you already but... I'm so sorry.

I'm here if you need anything. :)

Oh, no, not the beautiful Turbo! You've worked so hard, sas :laugh:

But sometimes the demons are just too great for love and tlc to overcome. It was definitely a case of third time lucky for the gorgeous man.

Hugs to you, Mr Sas and Leila. :)

so sorry for you. At least he had a lovely last few months with you. Poor Leila, she will miss him.

I'm going home now to hug my Dane. I realise how lucky I am to have him, he turns 11 this year. (Also from cordy's, like Turbo.)

thinking of you

Jo

Thank you everyone for their thoughts, Leila is looking for him but she has settled a bit more.

Tiger, Leila is from Jacks, Turbo was a private adoption, give your dane a hug from me too.

At least Turbo had a wonderful life with you towards his end and that everything was done possibly for the poor big boy

Rest in peace Turbo and sending hugs to you