Dog Friendly Accommodation Armidale

Perry's Mum

Stony Batter, where on Earth is that?! Well done finding a place, wherever it is!

I was going to suggest the Shiralee Motel on the New England Hwy in Guyra. It's run by two lovely gay blokes, and I seem to recall they say 'pet-friendly with conditions' in the Holidaying with Dogs book.

I would offer a room at my in-law's place but they will have hopefully sold their house by then and moved into an aged care facility (it's time)

But you've found a place now, so all is well!

Not sure if its too late for suggestions, but I bought the Holidaying with dogs book on the weekend and there are a few listed in Armidale.

Be-ambolong cottage and farm stay

5 mins from town (fenced) 02 6771 2019 allowed inside, prior arrangment only

Georges Creek Cottages B & B

farmstay accommodation 20km from highway (Fenced)

02 6779 4235 prior arrangement only. on leash and under control.

another in Uralla is Gwydir Getaway farmstay

B & B fenced

02 6723 7234

managers discretion - prior arrangement only.

We had alot of problems when trying to take Riley away - it would say pet friendly but then we kept getting told "little dogs only!"

Gwydir is where we are staying - apparently it is quite isolated and 55k from Uralla but I don't care - I just want Perry to have a warm bed. I will try George's Creek and the place in Guyra for the Sunday night.

Beambolong sounded good but apparently it is closed down.

PM - I take it the caravan park in Uralla was fully booked? They definitely allow dogs inside their cabins...we stayed there with Ruby (staffy cross) and Lilly (greyhound) inside with no problems at all. It was only an overnight stay too.

The place you've booked into is a LONG way out of town...no shops either. :love:

There is a big sheepdog school that weekend and everything even remotely dog friendly was already booked. I might try the caravan park for the Sunday night - some of the others may have booked out by then. I don't really care how far it is to Gwydir as long as Perry is not freezing and I will just have to make sure that I buy everything we need before I go out there. Now I just need to find somewhere on the way up and on the way back.

I want to take Perry up to Armidale to see the woman who saved her from being shot on the farm. Can anyone recommend any dog friendly accommodation where she will be allowed inside? We need not only acommodation in or close to Armidale but also en route. The route I take will depend on the availability of suitable accommodation - basically there is an inland route via Dubbo, a coastal route via Central Coast/Maitland.

All suggestions gratefully received.

I have a great book called Holidaying with Dogs by willie Bedford and in that there is one place in Armidale NSW that allows dogs insideBe-ambolong cattage and farm stay - 5 minutes from town (fenced) 02 67712019- allowed inside, prior arrangement only.

This may help, good luck

Officially they are not allowed but I had my 3 inside without any problems. They only have the sign just in case they have problem makers.... They are quite easy on the rules outside school holidays but try to be strict during school holidays as there are many dogs than. (roughly 40 over easter)

Thank you all for all your help on this. Perry and I are now safely booked in to a variety of accommodation from a very upmarket B&B to a caravan park and to a farm stay. We are really looking forward to our trip and to meeting the wonderful woman who saved her life and Perry is getting ready to cover her face with kisses.

We are going up on the inland route through Mudgee. If anyone in Mudgee or Armidale wants to meet for a coffee PM me.

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I need any further suggestions :). I am showing at urallA next weekend and I am soo over camping in this weather with my little tent.

I am driving to qld straight after, so it would be great if I didn't need to fill my little car with all the gear either

I know this is an old thread, but I need any further suggestions :). I am showing at urallA next weekend and I am soo over camping in this weather with my little tent.

I am driving to qld straight after, so it would be great if I didn't need to fill my little car with all the gear either

If you are going to Queensland, then don't forget Camp Tailwaggers at Carool, on the border. We stayed there last week & it was fantastic...dogs had a ball. :thumbsup: