Lambs Wool Coat Drives Pup Crazy

poochall

i own a bright coloured lambs wool coat its about knee length and it drives the pup crazy she nips at it and pulls on it and barks at it when im wearing it i can wear any other coat but this one. Someone told me it was because it was knee length and flowed when i wore it so i put on one of my different types of coats similar length and the pup didnt do it it is made of a different material and this is the only difference that i can find. I love my lambs wool coat but she is destroying it so now i kinda dont want to wear it i dont know how to train this out of her ive tried telling her off ive tried ignoring her and ive tried to destract her with her own toy and reward her if she plays with her own toy instead of destroying my coat but it isnt working the more i wear it the worse it gets. This coat just makes her so mad she isnt playfully nipping or pulling on it it is a real angry growl and when she has a hold of it she is really trying to destroy it.

Bruno does the same with my fluffy slippers. I stopped him by wearing for 5 mins at a time and moving him away from them when he bit. A week later he leaves them alone (unless they're not on my feet :rofl: ).

Should be easy enough to fix.

spray bottle and water. Every time she makes a go at it squirt her in the face. If its getting worst it means the correction/distraction you are giving is not good enough and she is not paying attention.

Dont change something for your dog, train her out of it before she finds it adn you come home to a shredded jacket!

spray bottle and water. Every time she makes a go at it squirt her in the face. If its getting worst it means the correction/distraction you are giving is not good enough and she is not paying attention.

Dont change something for your dog, train her out of it before she finds it adn you come home to a shredded jacket!

well This morning when i woke up my jacket had found its way into the pups bed and she was rolled up in it fast asleep i woke up when everyone left this morning and was waiting for her usual cry to let her in my room and in my bed but it didnt happen so i got up to make sure noone had let her out and there she was. Last night when i finished work i dont remember picking it up of the lounge before i went to bed so i must have left it there. Thankfully it hasnt been chewed or stretched she seems to have just taken it over to her bed and curled up in it still not to happy about it but it is my fault for leaving it within her reach.

I dont like training dogs by spraying water in there faces i find that sometimes that can make bath time a scary thought for them and while malamutes dont smell they do if they have been in the back yard with my boy who is disgusting and always finds something off smelling to roll in.

A simply "No" or "ahh" should work - I don't think you need to spray her face with water.

It is pretty normal for dogs to want to eat lambswool things - I have half an urgh boot left!

It is simply training her that certain things she is not allowed to munch on - thats all.

Why not get her a lambswool rug to put in her bed - she might leave yours alone?

get her a

Any chance of finding something made of lambswool at a thrift shop, so pup has her own lambie stuff?

It's the odour that tells her it's lambswool. I was going to suggest you spray something on the bottom of the coat to mask that odour...but it's v. hard to fool a dog's brilliant nose for detecting odours. Also it'd have to be something your nose could live with...& also not mark the coat. Try some perfume, perhaps? But I wouldn't count on it working.

the OP said she had triend telling off, ignoring etc. Water wont hurt the pup from one of those cheapy spray bottles but it will stop it in its tracks.

my jacket has been spared over the last couple of days because i went to a baby store and bought the pup a lambs wool rug you know the type you put in a cot her favourite place in the house at the moment is her bed she loves lying on it. I also havent been getting woken in the morning because she chooses to sleep in her own bed instead now so its killed two birds with one stone