Bad Gas.....

for dogs to have such bad gas,, eating chicken necks and wings.. and vegies with supercoat... is what they had for dinner.. pupp had necks for lunch and they also get lamb off cuts and vegies and pasta or rice as well...

both dogs are sitting under my feet. the smells are :rolleyes: and making my eyes water...

any sugestions of a good non smelling diet...lol

I can imagine the smell when dogs pass gas. For some reason, I haven't experienced my dog passing gas before. I just asked my husband if he's ever noticed it before and he said NO. I feed him Eagle Pack Holistic Select mix with Innova dry. When the Innova runs out, I'll just stay with Eagle Pack Holistic. He gets hormone free and antibiotic free eggs once or twice a week. For a snack, he gets carrots, brocolli, apples and sometimes yoghurt containing a living culture of healthy bacteria.

Edited by panda

oops.. hit the 'reply' button before i finished!

I've been using Eagle Pack on my girls (just the natural formula) and it's not all that more expensive if you buy the large packs as you also feed less. I've noticed that Jazz's coat smells less, her poo's are much smaller than the mountains she used to pass on Supercoat, and no smelly farts. Chelsea farts, but fortunately they're not that smelly... really funny when she does it though... she looks around at her butt totally confused!

:rolleyes:

really funny when she does it though... she looks around at her butt totally confused!
<That made me laugh.

I wonder if the other dogs who are on Eagle Pack whether natural, normal or holistic select have gas problems? So far, Goldielover's dogs eat Eagle Pack (Natural formula) and don't have smelly gas. I never noticed my dog has one at all. Could be the food then.

Eagle Pack added digestive Enzymes. The Benefits of Digestive Enzymes

-Aids in digestibility by making nutrients more bioavailable to the animal.

-Increase nutrient availability.

-Reduces flatulence/gas.

These enzymes assist in the breakdown of feedstuffs into smaller, more readily absorbed nutrients. By aiding in the digestive process, dogs that may be predisposed to digestive upset will have fewer problems.

The two enzyme-bearing ingredients in Eagle Pack are Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Solubles and Bacillus Subtillus Fermentation Solubles.

Edited by panda

Supercoat can do it :clap: My Butters could definitely clear a room (if she could get inside :clap::vomit:) but I've now changed to Eaglepack as well and no lovely smells :clap:

Also I'd be adding yoghurt to their diet 'cos it ups the ante with digestive system and introduces the good bacteria. Get plain, natural (one of the better brands with Acidophillus etc) and give them a good tablespoon mixed in with their dinner. :rolleyes:

Supercoat can do it ;) My Butters could definitely clear a room (if she could get inside ;) :)) but I've now changed to Eaglepack as well and no lovely smells :D

Also I'd be adding yoghurt to their diet 'cos it ups the ante with digestive system and introduces the good bacteria. Get plain, natural (one of the better brands with Acidophillus etc) and give them a good tablespoon mixed in with their dinner. :thumbsup:

thanks guys will add some yoghurt today,, never had a problem on supercoat and have been feeding it for ages... its just recently and they havent been having anothing else different .. will try the yoghurt and look at switching to possibly eagle pack as well but will have to introduce slowly as remy is only 10 weeks old and has always been on supercoat.....

My dog really smell after i give her bones of any kind (allways raw) don't know why she just smells so bad after them. as long as i don't give her them she's not too bad. Lol my dog does pass gas occasionally and also looks at her butt afterwards lol.

I don't like Supercoat at all, I once tried it on the recommendation of a friend and all I got were mounds of soft poo and lots of gas. Supercoat is a cheap food and consequently has a high cereal content which a lot of dogs have trouble processing.

It really depends on the dog, but in my experience, Supercoat results in stinky gas at both ends. All of mine are on raw, whole foods and rarely fart - burping is another matter though!

When they do fart it's usually quite tolerable. I notice they get stinky if they eat too much offal in one meal so I've been sure to limit the serving sizes to avoid this. I also tried them on the BARF patties but this resulted in an upset tummy (Lilly, AKA Miss-Sensitive-Guts) :thumbsup: and stinky farts all round. :rofl: So I haven't repeated the experience and have 9 patties in the freezer still. ;)

I guess finding the right nutrition for your dog can be trial and error (it was for Lilly and once I switched her to raw, they all switched) hopefully you can find the right food or combination before too long. :cry:

My boy gets fed on supercoat and raw chicken necks and other bits and he doesn't fart (hardly ever). The only time he farts is when i've fed him tinned food and the amount of times i've fed him tins I can count on my fingers. Supercoat is ok, at least it doesn't come in nice little shapes and colours, it has to be better than the just plain supermaket stuff.

But I reckon on a fart-o-meter Staffies would be off the charts :thumbsup:

I feed Nutro, a superior commercial dry food with no corn, animal by-products, chemical preservatives, or added colourants and have never had a problem with wind or gas, also there is a lot less stool clean up and with four here that means a heap.

I understand that Nutro may soon be available in Melbourne.