Need To Rant! Off Topic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wyvernblade...I was reading down...then I saw your last post....I am so very sorry for you & your hubby....I know you will miss Lane very much...but you know that he had all the love in the world from you both in his short life....now he is in a very special place where he will be looked after.....and he will always be in your heart & your prayers....bless you both....goodbye Lane :thumbsup:

Jan

Wyvernblade, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I have only just come across this thread and kept reading hoping to hear some good news. Now I’m in tears. Goodbye Lane may you rest in peace special boy :thumbsup:

I have heard that a third of a bottle of red is actually good for you.......shame you have to drink the first two thirds to get to that GOOD third

Wyv

I am having a bottle of good red wine to honour Lane's life - hope you are doing the same ...

BP

Wyvernblade I am truly sorry for the loss of your Lane. I admired this beautiful boy at the K9 Force workshop, he was stunning.

I know some of how you feel, I lost my first GSD suddenly at 2 1/2 with one of those freak conditions the vets hadn't seen before. Its heartbreaking to have them so full of attitude and happy by your side one minute and be without them the next. :) from me, stay strong - you did what was right for him and he knows how much you love him.

Keep Bayliss company at the bridge Lane, another beautiful GSD taken too early :)

Wyvernblade, I am in tears typing this, it just isnt fair is it, but your beautiful boy had a wonderful life with you even if it was a short one, he would of felt your enthusiasm about his training and shared in the happiness that you felt when you made progress with his issues. he will be looking over you until you meet again and he is pain free, you freed him from that and did the most loving thing a pet owner can do. Big hugs to you, be strong.

Wyvernblade, i am truly sorry for your loss.

I lost my girl at easter, a very hard time.

Take your time to heal.

Lane is now at peace, in no pain and watchign over you and your husband.

Best wishes Kristie

Well time is nowhere near healing yet, but wanted to write something in memory of this special boy, and have been unable to bear reading this thread again. But thankyou to everyone and your words of sympathy, and those who PM'd me as well, it has been a tremendous help just knowing others were so supportive and have been trhough similar. My family has no idea why I get so emotional over an animal (In the same way they can't understand why I have so many!) I wanted to let everyone know that we were able to bring Lane home for one day before he was PTS, and we had a ball with him. He had his favourite foods, we played with his toy Panda (He didn't race after it, only trotted, but he was so happy playing!) he slept by the fire with us all day and we sat on the floor and spoke to him, and told him how wonderful he was and how much we were going to miss him, and we thanked him for being part of our lives. We told him how sorry we were that this had happened to him and that we wish he had been given more time with us, but we knew he was in pain, and we wanted to let him go. He came and slept across our feet which he never normally did, it was as if he was telling us it was OK,he was ready, and he didn't blame us, he knew we tried everything. He had a tin of cat food (His favourite) for dinner and the vet came out to our house to put him down. He will be buried on the property with his Panda (He has had since he was a puppy and was the only toy he didn't destroy!) We have found out that he had cancer. He had a large tumour in his liver and it had spread to his bone marrow. Even if we had tried Chemo, we would have only extended his life for 6 months at the most. RIP Lane, you are missed, loved and our lives are now lacking. Hope that you are chasing something over the Rainbow Bridge, and you actually get to catch it (Think mean mummy ticking him off by not letting him capture ball all the time!) Thanks again everyone, and I will be still training with the very very active Dobe puppy who has been a godsend really, as it has helped us take our minds off things (Hard not to when your shoes, socks, plants, hands and coffee table are being chewed into small pieces!) And here are a few pix of our beautiful boy.

post-8098-1151324288_thumb.jpg

post-8098-1151324301_thumb.jpg

post-8098-1151324312_thumb.jpg

Good to hear from you Wyv and thank you for sharing Lane's last day experience with us. Although Lane's life was a short one, thank the powers that be that he lived what he did have, to the absolute fullest and was blessed to have been able to leave so quickly, without hinderance. I'm also glad to know that you and OH took the opportunity to say goodbye, 'til you meet again one day, and that you were able to share once more the enjoyment that Lane so obviously always provided.

I can empathise your loss, but am glad you have your newbie dobe to help you both heal.

Heartfelt sympathy to you at this time. :rofl: