For What Length Of Time Have You Been Training

unfortunately thast the way it goes somtimes we have a couple of what would you know types at our club they scare people away im sure of it funny when i take a class i have people bailing me up for weeks telling me what they have done and how they have tried this and that and what do i think of this idea i love that but then i guess when i take a class i have the attitude one no one knows a persons dog betteer than they do and two i encourage all memebrs of the group to share their experiencesand try to try different things

Last week i walked past a table of beginners they had had a class with my sister the week before and had been shown how to use food well they were sitting comparing foods and testing diferent ones

It doesnt matter whther an instructor is qualified or highly experienced some epople are just better at working with people than others its a mindset i think

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been down much in last 6 months. but I have been going to Val Bonney at The Gap for nearly 10 years. Have put all my dogs through her.

Local public obedience club.. Been a member, not been recently going there.. (just been a slackass) 7 years.

I have not been down much in last 6 months. but I have been going to Val Bonney at The Gap for nearly 10 years. Have put all my dogs through her.

Hey Mystiqview, you probably know a friend of mine then - I wont post his name on here, but big tall guy with not much on top with the initials WD :hug: .

I have been at the same club, atlast is 3 in August, and i have been training him since he was 4 months, i also did puppy preschool before that

Kaos i have been training for nearly a year now (its just a little over 12 months since i got her)

At the moment both dogs are on a break, i am thinking of taking Kaos back tomorrow, Atlas just got very sick of it, and is happier staying at home with a bone!

I still go when i dont have a dog :bottom: I either steal someone elses dog (rastus froggie!) of instruct a class. I love going, even without my dogs! It is nice to hang around with crazy people like me from time to time!

I also used to go and watch every week when i was 7, at the same club, while my brothers trained our dogs (was too young to train back then!)

I think we did formal obedience classes with Mac from about 14 weeks to a year old... Something around that mark. We got to the highest level, then it got boring for the both of us. We kept up the heel work (and everything that goes along with it), just now we do it my way to a tee. :bottom: