Mozzie Bites?

dogsong

I know, I have been asking soo many questions. My puppy scratches when he comes back inside from a pee, and I know it's not fleas, because I looked it over and he's been 'bayer-ed', I think it may be mosquito bites, what can i get or put on him that will keep mozzies off him?

Dogsong, so sure how easy it is for you to get certain products imported to where you ive. There is a great insecticidal product here made by Deeway Labs (Cotex) in Brisbane.

Have you thought of using citronella oil diluted and then sprayed on?.

Have a talk to an equine supplier as horses have the same problems with biting insects.

Aeroguad tropical on before he goes out to do a wee will work against mozzies but so will the addition of apple cider vinegar and brewers yeast to the diet . If you are feeding a commercial diet go after some multi B vitamins .

We have a British Bulldog that the mossies seem to attract to.

From when he was a tiny puppy, at first we could not work out what all the little indentations were in his coat, and then it was drawn to our attention that mossies were in fact the culprits.

So we had to test to ascertain, and sure enough when we left him inside for a week they all disappeared, and when we put him out for only one night they were all back again, so consequently from puppy on, he has always been an indoor dog at night.

We also burn citronella oil in hanging lanterns when the mossies are at their worst and this too helps.

I think like humans, some skin is certainly more attractive to the little biters than others.

Cheers,

Lesley