Getting A Puppy

frenzied1

If it were me buying the puppy, that sounds alarm bells to me and I personally would walk away.

I would be getting a thorough vet check and ask for a guarantee that the puppy is healthy. I would also be questioning what the breeder would do, if it was found that the puppy was ill or had a problem.

There are always outgoing and quiet puppies in a litter. There are some that spend the first 6 months if their life, doing nothing but eating and sleeping ( i bred one of those ) and there are others that go non stop, from the second they are whelped.

:)

A beautiful Staffy X rescue. His mum was found on the road having given birth to 5 babies and then she spent 2 weeks at Wagga pound and is now in rescue with ARF in Canberra.

Abit of a tragic beginning but all good now. I am able to visit whenever.

Thanks for your advice :thumbsup:

4 weeks?.......i wouldn't worry too much about him sleeping a lot....all babies do.....

between 4 & 6 weeks is when the other speed kicks in.....flat knacker....then sleep.....flat knacker....sleep.....repeat, repeat.....

getting him checked over is good advice tho.

I agree with the others. Get him thoroughly checked. If the mum was found like that birthing the pups, and in possibly poor condition herself, you do not know if something went wrong in the birthing and the pup may have been stuck for a little while and was starved of oxygen etc.. Anything could have happened.

Pups do go through stages where they eat, sleep and poop.. then like dougie says.. the other speed kicks in.. so it is eat, poop, flat tak, sleep.

Some pups are also just quieter than others. I had one here which was a lounge lizzard.. just wanted to sleep or plod around near you.. very lazy dog.. nothing wrong with him, just very lazy and laid back.

Thank you all. I spoke to his lovely foster mum and he is picking up well. Apparently just a day or two behind the others, he even got his teeth through a day or two behind the others.

His Mum is a beautiful calm, efficient mother she is a darling as well.