What's Happened To Eaglepack In Australia?

Shoelace

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i found out through local Petstock today that Danni is now with another company. The only problems they have had with EP is getting the Power formula as we have hepas of greyhound ppl down here and they love it for their dogs.

They were going to rine EP to find out if operations were still to continue here in OZ

Pity your store wasn't down here Sags- then we could get a choice of Nutro too :rofl:

Have you ever tried natural balance ?

i prefer to buy australian products where possible, rather than use imported goods

we feed our dogs this and it has performed well for us....

it's all natural, and it's a low allergy lamb and rice formula (with no beef or chicken protein )

that's made here in australia :rofl:

they have a couple of distributors that deliver very cheaply (eg priceless pets-we use them for our tablets :rofl: )

http://www.naturalbalance.net.au/

you could probably ask them to send you a sample ?

Edited by larry

Hi,

I don't know if this will help other EP users but here goes....

I have an IBD affected dog, previously the only dry I could feed him was Hills Z/D Ultra. I have switched to the EP Holistic Duck & Oatmeal formula. It was suggested to me (on advice form the EP vet in the US) that the "fishy one" is the most hypoallergenic but it has 3 novel protein sources not 1. I have had no reaction to the duck one and also the Nutrience Holistic Duck, I interchange them for variety.

With my boy he has a chicken protein intolerance hence chicken based formulas are out. Hills Z/D is chicken based but the proteins are hydrolised which neutralises them.

I have been buying EP at Petstock in Sth Melbourne but haven't had to replenish my stock recently so have no idea if they still have it sorry.

Cheers,

Corine

I've just come from my local PetStock at Cranbourne in VIC, and there are only about 4 large bags of EP there (all different holistic varieties). I've checked a few other stockists around here and they're all in the same boat. PetStock said that they're not expecting another shipment for 2 months. Apparently it's sitting on the wharves (which is a problem EP have had in the past). It's very disappointing. I've had to fork out $116 for a 15kg bag which is 3 months past it's use-by date (yep, i tried for a discount!). I've emailed the Victorian rep, so i'll let everyone know if i get a response.

WHAT????? full price for something past it's use-by date!! Geez...they should have been selling it cheap cheap or giving it back to EP...I mean...it's probably still good (Tho depending on storage i've been told it sometimes comes up rancid when past it's date) But...that's terrible!!!

I've just come from my local PetStock at Cranbourne in VIC, and there are only about 4 large bags of EP there (all different holistic varieties). I've checked a few other stockists around here and they're all in the same boat. PetStock said that they're not expecting another shipment for 2 months. Apparently it's sitting on the wharves (which is a problem EP have had in the past). It's very disappointing. I've had to fork out $116 for a 15kg bag which is 3 months past it's use-by date (yep, i tried for a discount!). I've emailed the Victorian rep, so i'll let everyone know if i get a response.

That's DISGUSTING! You shouldn't have to pay for ANYTHING that's past it's used by date! Did you ask to talk to the manager? I personally wouldn't buy anything for MYSELF past it's used by date - especially at FULL PRICE!!!

-WithEverythingIAm

:thumbsup: Thats terrible!! I just ordered a 15kg bag of EP Holisitc Lamb & Rice through Paws only and with postage etc to North Queensland - it only cost me about what you paid for out of date stock!!

Sheez i had better check my local Petstock as my "in whelp" girl is on EP Holistic Duck and Oatmeal and she is week 5 and i do not want to change her food now :thumbsup:

That's also my concern InspectorRex. One of my girls will be mated soon and i wouldn't like to change her diet. Also a shame that i more than likely won't be able to raise the pups on EP either. Not a lot of point if puppy people won't be able to buy it either.

Edited by goldielover

Sheez i had better check my local Petstock as my "in whelp" girl is on EP Holistic Duck and Oatmeal and she is week 5 and i do not want to change her food now :thumbsup:

That's also my concern InspectorRex. One of my girls will be mated soon and i wouldn't like to change her diet. Also a shame that i more than likely won't be able to raise the pups on EP either. Not a lot of point if puppy people won't be able to buy it either.

Do they not have any smaller bags of the one you bought? Until they get more in? I'd look for a place that sells it online, or maybe switch to another easier to obtain super premium food like Nutro or Natural Balance. Not sure who sells Nutro in your area, but priceless pets sell Natural Balance on their website - make sure in "special instructions" you ask for the Puppy Blend one though for your girl in whelp.

-WithEverythingIAm

Do they not have any smaller bags of the one you bought? Until they get more in? I'd look for a place that sells it online, or maybe switch to another easier to obtain super premium food like Nutro or Natural Balance. Not sure who sells Nutro in your area, but priceless pets sell Natural Balance on their website - make sure in "special instructions" you ask for the Puppy Blend one though for your girl in whelp.

-WithEverythingIAm

They didn't have a lot of smaller bags either, but will check it out again today when i return the large bag. I've thought about Natural Balance as well, so that's an option. I haven't seen Nutro around here yet, but will keep my eyes open.