How Much Does Your Dog Eat?

Kirty

I thought it would be interesting to compare how much our different dogs eat! So please add your dogs - how much they eat, their breeds, and the total amount of dog food consumed at your place per week!!

I have a BCx and a Labx. They eat two cups of Supercoat Active dryfood each per day. So thats 28 cups of dryfood per week, plus a massive bone each per week. :eek:

Edited by Kirty

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Terrier - 1.5 Cups Nurto a day

Stafford 2 Cups Nurto a day

ALSO get a big bone a week, some chicken (wings or something) And some sardines (all only once a week on different days)

Usually fast on Sundays, i do training sunday mornings, so they get PLENTY of treats there!

Guest Piximatosis

Erk. This is going to be scary, I just know it.

For the dry food (most easily measurable :D):

Holly (5 year old Rottweiler x Golden Retriever, about 35kg) eats 180gm

Brody (2 year old Australian Terrier x, 6kg) eats 180gm

Kaeleigh (14mth old GSD x GSD/Kelpie, 25kg) eats 650gm (yes I know :eek: anyone would think she had a giant mother of a tapeworm inside her except that she's been wormed up to the eyeballs)

So that's... about 7kg of dry food each week.

I also go through a big tub of yoghurt, 2 litres of goat's milk and a few cans of Nature's Gift or a few kilos of chicken mince, a few chicken frames and brisket bones, and various treats and things.

Crap. I just knew that was going to be scary. Please don't ask me to calculate how much that costs!!

Edited by Piximatosis

Our 3 yr old Schipperke boy gets 100g of Royal Canin kibble per day cut into 2 meals as the absolute min (Schips weigh around 7kgs).

He also usually gets chicken wings during the week (but then 50g lesskibble for the day), the odd (and by odd I mean all the time :eek: ) treat and a tin of sardines every month (but we reduce his kibble to 50g for the day).

eta: plus I think he steals some of Bowser's dog's food when we're not careful :D I know he nicks their bones :o

Sorry Bowser he's naughty

Edited by jelly

Buster is a 6 year old 35kg Black Lab X Rotty and Sophie is a 11 month old 15kg Staffy. Both get fed the same as Buster is a good keeper and Sophie is very active. Breakfast - 250g Vegie/Liver/Egg/Yoghurt Mix and Dinner - 500g Raw Meaty Bones. I forget to say Monday and Friday they have Offal for dinner instead of Raw Meaty Bones and they get the Greenpet Supplement and Greenpet OmegaPlus Oil with their breakfast. :eek:

Edited by Tiggy

My baby gets 3 cups a day (1 1/2 morning and night) supercoat working dog as we train for GWT pretty much everyday and we go for hikes in all the bushland around here.

sasha my JRT X silky terrier gets 1 cup optimum senior dog food she is 10 on 11.11.06.

They both get yoghurt, eggs, sardines and appropiate table scraps (feed on a 'roster' like system eggs wednesday,sardines sunday yoghurt most meals and dinner scraps every night)

Plus big bones.

Ok so that is a bit over 28 cups to feed my two a week and roughly 112 cups per month :D no wonder i buy the food in 20kg bags :eek:

ETA thats 1344 cupds per year :o:eek:

Edited by spoilt lab lives here

Just an observation, but it's good that people are saying WHAT their dog eats (brand, canned, kibble, barf, scraps etc) because I'd be feeding my dog a lot more if he was on a cheaper brand of kibble. I looked at the recommended amt on mine, it says 110g, but I look on some cheaper brands from the supermarket when we're after emergancy food and it's a lot more.

Four dogs eat 7 cups of Eukanuba/Bonnie mix per day,

which makes it 49 cups a week.....................oh dear, its scary when you think about it.

And about 10 chicken carcasses a week.

2 of the dogs are fosters though so it is normally less than that.

7 year old Kelpie get 1-1.5 cups Bonnie Working dog biscuits.

3 year old Kelpie gets 3 cups Bonnie Working dog

10 year old Border Collie gets 2 cups Bonnie Working dog

Plus they get bones a few times a week and food scraps and treats and however many rabbits they catch or steal from the cats and maybe an egg a week depending on supply and what ever horse feed they can con from the horses trough

my 10yr old sheltie gets 1- 2 chicken wings plus 1/2 cup dry biscuits per day and one chicken carcus per week (she's a fatty)

my 6yr old sheltie gets 1-2 chicken wings plus hand full biscuits and one chicken carcus per week (he's a little fatty)

my 11 month old sheltie get 3 chicken wings 1 cup biscuits and one carcus per week. I do vary between chicken wings or necks but the 10 yr old seem to just swallow so I rarely give necks.

They also have marrow bones (weekly) and a baked super coat bone to go to bed with each night. When my partner feeds them he gives them each two slice of V.I.P Lamb and Chicken plus hand full of biscuits, then they bark at me when I get home as if to say they haven't been fed hahaha.. the also love carrot so they get carrot couple times a week.

My 11yr old Silky terrier who's 4.3kg gets about 1 cup or a bit under of Eagle Pack a day, and my 6yr old PomX who's about 3.8kg gets about 1/2 - 3/4 of a cup depending on how hungry she is. A 3kg bag of Eagle Pack usually lasts about a month and a half.

Edited by melt

14 month old whippet 11kg- 1 cup advance large breed puppy dry in the morning and 350-400g barf mix at night 5 nights a week.

7 month old greyhound- 1.5- 2 cups advance large breed puppy dry in the morning plus 550-600g barf mix at night

One day they get the same amount of dry as brekkie for dinner with a tin of sardines each

The other day they get some offal, chook frames/wings and brisket

Plus they get bits and pieces during the week

Eddie, 15 month old SBT

400gm raw meat and veg mix

120gm chicken necks

1 tin sardines per day

Molly, 15 moth old SBT

200gm raw meat and veg mix

80gm chicken necks

1 tin sardines per day

I will be upping their necks and owering their meat veg now though, as now that I've actually weighed the necks, its too light on bone at the moment