Advice Please?!

kazzakanary

No problems

I thought you got her from a pet shop - sorry i miss understood.

Females have a bit of discharge from time to time, i hardly notice it on my girl.

The breeder should have noticed before she went home with you - ring them and ask them.

Has she been at a vet yet? They also should have picked up on it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No from a breeder - could be a BYB - but I think she breeds other dogs as well.

I have lost her phone no!!!

There is dry blood on the little mound between her legs (not anus!!)

Sorry I have no other way to describe it!

no way she is 6 months - too tiny

oh, ok, sorry, my bad

i thought you said NOT from a breeder

BYB is just as bad as apet shop. Actually, they are worse, cause they are the ones that sell dogs to pet shops.

DO YOU NOT READ?????!!!!!!

She was NOT from a pet shop and I did not realise it was blood!!!!

I thought it was normal to be dark down there - I have only ever had black dogs - so this is my 1st white one.

Females discharge ALL the time! Thanks a LOT for your caring reply!!

TerrorBull did not mean anything nasty by her reply.

Have you taken her to the vets since you bought her?

I would call the emergency vet again and would insist that she was seen tonight! Some pups do not openly disply that they're in pain. Besides if it turns out to be nothing, so be it. But if it is something bad, would you want to delay it any longer? It's already been two weeks or thereabouts.

No worries...have read most of your posts and you seem to be fairly understanding, but some posts can be taken the wrong way. It's the fault of the English language...too many ambiguous words... :laugh:

ETA: Kazzakanary - Don't worry too much that you didn't notice it before, just make sure you act on it now.

Edited by TessaBella

Are you sure it's actually blood and not just brown staining from her wee?

Is she unwell?

Is she her normal self?

Is she eating, drinking, playing etc.. doing all the normal puppy things?

Is she Ok with you handling her? No sore areas around her tummy?

What are you feeding her? Is there any she has been eating/drinking that she should not have been eating/drinking?

I have now had a VERY close look and don't think it is blood at all :laugh:

It does look like the hair is wet down from wee.

She has not eaten anything (that I know of) out of the ordinary - she has dry puppy food, a little bit of puppy pal tinned food and the occassional chicken neck.

She is weeing quite regularly and no blood has been seen - maybe I panicked when it looked darker than usual! - sorry!

I do appreciaite your opinions on here but get a bit put out when I am made to feel like an irresponsible dog owner which I am not! (If I have taken this the wrong way I apoligise) It is so hard to know tones and expressions from written text.

I will take her to the vet tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

I can't even tell where her vagina is?? I am going to ask the vet to show me all her 'parts'

OK from the photo, she is not old enough to be in season.

If you lift up her tail - the round ring with the tight hole in the middle is her anus (she does No. 2 from there)

If you go from her anus towards her tummy, between her back legs, there is a little pointy bit.

She goes No. 1 from there. She bleeds from there is she is in season, or has a problem.

Get a tissue and wipe it on the pointy bit. What's on the tissue should be clear or yellow.

It may also be possible that she is passing - from her anus - a bit of dark mucousy droppings, which are blood stained, because of worms. If some of this is stuck to her, you might be confused about what and where it is.

If she is eating, playing, drinking normally, there is probably not much to worry about.

Kazz if I were you I would stay away from anything with a Pal label on it its crap, natures gift i think have a puppy canned food that would be a far better option if you do need to give canned food.....

From the pic it just looks like a bit of inflammation or just darkened hair in that area. Settle down peoples!!!! :laugh:

It looks a bit swollen, does she wee in her bed or anything??

In some little girl dogs the vulva is a bit inverted, and this causes wee to get trapped, or bacteria in the skin folds, so you get recurrent little infections there. Some Vets will recommend that you let the dog have one season so that the area does swell up a bit and hopefully fixes the skin fold infections.

You sound like a very attentive dog owner to me. :rofl: Do ask your Vet about it though at her Vaccination.

ETA: If you think she is weeing alot, do take her to the Vet and have her urine tested, she may have the beginnings of an infection. Tessabella - in five years of Vet nursing I've never seen a 'blocked' female dog, so I hope you are a Vet since you have diagnosed from a picture!!!! I also hope you are feeding your male cat prescription food for his 'blockages' since male cats can very easily die from kidney failure from having blocked urethra's!!!!!

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

I have now had a VERY close look and don't think it is blood at all :laugh:

It does look like the hair is wet down from wee.

She has not eaten anything (that I know of) out of the ordinary - she has dry puppy food, a little bit of puppy pal tinned food and the occassional chicken neck.

She is weeing quite regularly and no blood has been seen - maybe I panicked when it looked darker than usual! - sorry!

I do appreciaite your opinions on here but get a bit put out when I am made to feel like an irresponsible dog owner which I am not! (If I have taken this the wrong way I apoligise) It is so hard to know tones and expressions from written text.

I will take her to the vet tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

I can't even tell where her vagina is?? I am going to ask the vet to show me all her 'parts'

That's good then :rofl: Don't feel like an irresponsible dog owner becuase you are not. And it's very difficult for unqualified people to diagnose your pup's condition, especially over the net, as you can see, and some people jump to the worst conclusions and can make you worry when there is probably nothing wrong.

I hope you have not been put off from asking questions.

If it was blood you would see dry, dark red flakes, and darker urine, but from what you describe it sounds like a brown discolouration of the skin and fur? I think she looks normal in that pic, just darker around the vulva from wee stains. Baby pups wee a lot.

As Jed said, if she is happy, eating, playing and toileting as normal, I wouldn't be too concerned. She looks gorgeous BTW.