Anyone Heard From Erny?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Colleen,

Erny is fine. Her computer has been in la la land and is being repaired - it seems like forever.

I spoke to her today and she's busy working with her "human" job and "canine" job as well.

I will let her know you were asking after her.

Cheers,

Julie

Edited by Sardog

:laugh::) :D

Erny rang me today and I conveyed your thoughts to her and she was very flattered.

She is going insane :p without her computer but expects it to be up and running within the next week.

With all that pent-up energy.......look out everyone, I can just see th flames coming off the keyboard.

Kind regards,

Julie

Due to Erny's interest in being involved in Search and Rescue, she is keen on a labrador.

She came training with me this afternoon, and due to a near disaster, with Yank, I am thinking about offering him!!!!!

Damm dogs!!!!!!!

I am NOT in the best of moods.

Added: Erny with positive thoughts, thinks she will have her computer back, mid next week. Mother board of someorrather problem.

Edited by Lablover

• 2 weeks later...

:rofl: Hi everyone! I'm back!

Well! My PC died around midnight on 20th September and I only just got it back today. A frustrating ordeal on two accounts. 1. Being without DOL & the wonderful peoples I have come to know and love. 2. Struggling to get service from the PC Department (it's a long story but I have the good grace to acknowledge that they got it fixed under warranty when it wasn't meant to be).

Phew! I've spent the last few hours wandering around DOL and catching up on a ton of emails that have been coming through over the last 7 or so weeks. To anyone who emailed me and had their emails returned because my "inbox" was full .... sorry.

Inspector Rex - thank you for your caring to begin a thread asking after me. I know from our recent telephone conversation that Phoebe has had her pups and I must say to all here they are really sweet and Phoebe sounds like she's being the perfect Mum.

Sardog - thanks for replying on my behalf. As Sardog mentioned, I've been in fairly regular contact with her and has kept me happily occupied and involved in the field of "Search and Rescue" dog training. This has been fun, interesting, educational and social (:D) and I look forward to more of the same.

Lablover has also looked after me well on the same levels, but in her specialty field of "Retrieving Trial" training. We've had fun there, not to mention the drinkies we've shared (a necessity, as one must of course re-hash over training techniques and what better way to do so than over a chard, or red, or scotch or whatever :D).

Lablover, as you've read, has also found me a PUPPY!!!!!!! :laugh::rofl::clap: Sure .... he's not even a twinkle in his mum's eyes yet and I am trying to be cautiously excited as until the pups are conceived and then on the ground, one just never knows. But I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to the eventful day when I can bring him home and very much look forward to commencing his training career as a Search and Rescue dog for which I will be under the very skillful and watchful eye of Sardog :D. Thanks Lablover. :D

Bloss344 - thank you for thinking about me. I'm privileged by your thoughts and of everyone else's.

Oonga. DOL not the same? Hhhmmm. That could be a good or a bad. Don't know that I'll start a poll to learn the results on that one! :rofl: Hey! But it's good to be back. :)

Feralpup. Quiet without me? Unassuming, mild-mannered me? :D My fingers are flexing over the keyboard, getting warmed up. :laugh: I've read a fair amount of what has been being discussed here on DOL (although there will be still many threads/posts I've missed) and given the lateness of the hour will have to refrain from getting back involved too much tonight. So, "flaming off the keyboard" as Sardog puts it (:laugh:) will have to go on hold again for a day or so (training tomorrow), but this will give my fingers and thoughts some warm-up time. :D

Isaviz - I thought about the convenience of having a spare computer. But I got to say, my garden; lawn; houseduties and car maintenance have never received such concentrated attention since I didn't have DOL to keep me busy in those otherwise 'spare' moments! And I admit that I've also been retiring to bed a little more early than I otherwise would! It was devastating and frustrating not having free access to DOL as, after losing Kal I find I have to keep myself busy all the time. There's only so much dog training, gardening, housework, car-cleaning and lawn-mowing a body can do in one day, and taking time out for physical rest but at the same time keeping mentally stimulated by interactions on DOL was a good mix. So glad to have PC back now ..... I ran out of garden to do, so took to driving over to Mum and Dad's and helping Mum with hers :). I know she enjoyed the 'working' company, so a good has come out of a bad at least. :)

Cosmolo - as Lablover has replied, it's a Lab puppy I'm getting. Kal, my girl not too long ago passed, is Rhodesian Ridgeback. I know I'd like to get a RR puppy at some stage, but not now. Now, I'm dedicated to the field of Search and Rescue which demands a certain type/style of dog. The pup I'll be getting will be very different in almost every way than Kal, and I think this is a good thing for me too. I am looking forward to loving it and working with it. :)

Rusky - how are you travelling? Until fairly recently, I have been moving forward from my loss, but it seemed I had to force myself to do so. Now I'm finding that I'm moving forward but with far less effort. I don't know if you will travel the same emotional journey as I, but if you do, then I can honestly say it does get easier. You'll not forget. You'll still have an unsatiated longing. But it does get easier.

Well everyone - I think that responds to all. Thank you, once more, for your thoughts and for posting. I'm back. :laugh: Long live the PC. See you all here and there in the DOL threads!

Cheers!

Erny!

Edited by Erny

Hey Erny- SM and i are thrilled to hear that you are getting into search and rescue and both think you will do an absolutely fabulous job. Wish you all the best with it.

Thank you Cosmolo and hello to you and SM. Funny how "life's paths" take you down and into areas by way of natural progression and consequences, isn't it? I'm much looking forward to engaging in the training side of things in that field too. It's also fun being involved in S & R from the other side (ie acting as victim/body) as it gives a different/clear perspective of the work the dogs do and how fundamentals such as wind, lay of land etc. etc. have such a big bearing on efficient "finds" for the dog and an understanding how these concepts must all be kept in mind when planning to execute a search. On top of that, SARDA comprises a wonderful group of people who are all very social and supportive of each other. It is a team of people with whom I'm proud and priveleged to share membership. :mad

Glad to have you back, Erny.

I've been missing your wise posts. :rofl:

Not joking - I learn a lot from the people here - certainly more so since there are no clubs or training thingys that I can easily access around here . :mad

Thanks Noisy. Good to see/hear from you too. :) No guarantee on the "wise" posts :rofl:. I think it all depends on where my brain is at the time. :rofl:

But you're right. Some good learning CAN be done here on DOL.

Erny, will you be at K9 force's seminars on the 18th and 19th November? Hope to see you there. It is interesting where different paths can take us but terrific when we can work toward something we love! I'm sure you'd agree that the process can often be as rewarding as the end result. Best example of this for me would have to be doing scent detection with Cosmo during the course when she was only 5 months- the process was at times very difficult but i'm so glad to have had that experience and it made the end result that much more incredible! She won her first obedience trial a few months back- have since been incredibly busy so haven't been able to do more with her but hopefully next year will see things open up for her (and us!) in the obedience and agility rings. See you soon

Cosmolo - Yes, I remember those difficult and frustrating times during the scent detection component of your course. They happen to the best of us and I believe they prove to become a stronger learning curve than if we do not encounter and endure them.

Can't make the K9 seminars on that weekend. Was going to be working with him when the seminars were originally to be a week later, but unfortunately the change in dates created a 'clash' for me. Congrats on your obedience trial success. Well done.