Chewing Paper!

Whateverr

this morning while on DOL i was just sitting and spike was playing with his toys at my feet... well he suddenly went very quiet and then i heard what sounded like paper being torn...

sure enough, i look down and there is spike sitting in a pile of torn paper!! I told him "NO" and took the paper away and replaced it with one of his toys....

well the naughty little dog then played with his toy for a whole of 10 seconds before getting up and getting another piece of paper - my dads bank account details!!! ;)

He has also chewed upmy sisters snap test results, a few photos and the tax invoice for my camera!

Any suggestionjs on how to get him to stop him from chewing on paper, especially important documents... i tell him "NO" whenever i catch him doing it but im not always around and thats usually when he does it....

:thumbsup:

Any suggestionjs on how to get him to stop him from chewing on paper, especially important documents... i tell him "NO" whenever i catch him doing it but im not always around and thats usually when he does it....

It's very simple.... don't leave the paper where he can get to it. Dogs don't know the difference between junk mail and "important documents". If you don't want him chewing on them, put them in a filing cabinet.

;)

Yep..it is up to his human to prevent him making errors in judgement :dropjaw:

keep paperwork well out of puppy reach!!

Do not leave him unattended in areas where you have important/dangerous things. :thumbsup:, like documents,power cords...

provide interactive toys.... and change them every couple of days so's he doesn't get bored

Give him very LARGE raw bones...guyaranteed to be MUCH more of a lure than paper !

I give my dogs paper and cardboard boxes to rip up, they love it.

But we make sure we do not leave anything important lying around as they will eat that too

With the utmost respect, I ask...what about the mess?? :thumbsup: I've got two children and it bugs the daylights out of me having to clean up THEIR messes, especially when they put on the 'I'm tired (whinging voice) Mum."

I give my dogs paper and cardboard boxes to rip up, they love it.

But we make sure we do not leave anything important lying around as they will eat that too

With the utmost respect, I ask...what about the mess?? :D I've got two children and it bugs the daylights out of me having to clean up THEIR messes, especially when they put on the 'I'm tired (whinging voice) Mum."

I suppose you get over it :vomit: I do not give them paper everyday and my kids are 12 and 15 so I am used to mess now

I just give it to them to tear up and 1 hour later sweep the floor :laugh:

Edited by peibe