Prong Collar Confiscated!

Sabby

Sabby - the only concern I have with purchasing from the website (http://www.dogcontrol.com.au/walkcontrol.htm) is that I cannot see a physical address or phone number. It may be there and I am blind, but caveat emptor (buyer beware) is my motto. K9 force may be the better option.

You can order just the collar from K9 force. Its great if you can afford a session to get some training with it, but if your budget doesn't stretch than far ... :laugh:

Sabby - the only concern I have with purchasing from the website (http://www.dogcontrol.com.au/walkcontrol.htm) is that I cannot see a physical address or phone number.

The owners of this site are my personal friends and they are for sure 100% legitimate. BTW they are also a memember of DOL.

I will let them know about this thread they might choose to participate.

Or get one from K9 of course.

Info re import restictions Australian Customs

Four weeks ago i used a friend's prong collar for the first time and it worked wonders with my 55kg bullmastiff. She was so calm and controlled even when a cat crossed her path!

Id also like to add to this that its important taht you know how to use the prong collar, if you dont use it corretly your dog can actually learn to pull on this type of a collar as well, so make sure that you know exactly how to use it and that you follow the methods correctly.

I have contacted the owners of the dogcontrol site in regards to this thread and I got this.

Hi Mon,

Thanks for letting us know, I won't post anything as it will come up with "Who we are" & we want to keep the Dog Control site very separate, for oblivious reasons. The same reason we don't have any details on there about who we are. But thank you for letting us know & also for letting them know we are legit & won't just take their money & not send their product.

The reason we have that site is they are products we very firmly believe in & they should be available for the Australian market. The more tools people have to train their dog, the less dog problems we will have. People can be quite ignorant who have never used all the tools at their disposal. There are not in anyway cruel, it's just what certain people would have you think. What is crueler, is having to have the dog destroyed because of behavior problems.

I would suggest that if they have any concerns that they go though Steve at K9 Force, he is a top guy & knows his stuff too, so no risk at all. I am also glad you pointed out they need to know how to use them "correctly", not just buy one.

Cheers,

P.S. Feel free to forward this on or post it if you like

i ordered some on ebay and had them sent to a friends address in america. we went on holidays there and just brought them home with us. granted, my bags weren't searched on the ways back in, so we were lucky. i can't imagine you'd get in trouble for it, maybe just have them confiscated. they're only about 6US$ over there for a medium one.

Customs opened my package from NZ ( Sender: Real Dog Co) which was a personalised synthetic mesh dog collar. No real reason could be given but if you search the AQIS site and go to their ICON database you can input details of import items, country or origin and destigmation country BUT what they do not tell you is that any parcel lableled "dog collar" will be opened in case it is "un tanned leather" or "second hand and contains dog hair" (WTF?) They are also x rayed and and even then if the label read "new,synthetic mesh dog collar" it may still be opened for random inspection!!! ;)

Be a lert, we need LERTS :laugh:

Any one whose interested I can PM a copy of my tete a tete emails with customs about my parcel being opened and inspected, complete with their pathetic attempts to justify their invasive actions.

kinda a bit OT but Customs will open anything not only dog collars - my mum recent sent me a parcel from the UK with a milk jug in and a fridge magnet - she forgot to put on the declaration form a small raindeer she put in the jug - was opened when i got it.

ive also had a dive knife i imported seized - lots of forms and about 3 months later i got it back - you can buy them here but not for $3!!(RRP$100!!)

if its on their list they will keep things!!

our only hope is to get it removed from their list - however if you can just order one - how many idiots do you think will get one coz it looks macho and their big dog!?? leaves it very open to abuse - i would be happier if individual couldnt import them but that they were available from selected places (such as K9 force) who can vet their customers!!

Yeah akitaowner, I agree but I checked their so called dB BEFORE i ordered from NZ and if you input "dog collars" you get no restrictions. The guy from AQIS sent me a copy of the ICON dB with "hides and skins" as the primary product which my collar was neither.... why would you input that as the primary produt if it was man made material? I agree I would not want every Tom, DH or Harriet being able to access them but others should be able to...trainers, accredied bodies and the ilk.