Eaglepack Users!

Aziah

Onslowmum, are you sure you have Nutro's Duck and Oatmeal, from what I can see on their website, they dont do that product and their holistice range is not available in Australia, only in NZ.

Onslows mum is :cry::rofl::rofl: and crawling back into her cave.

Sorry.

Onslows mum didn't get Tilly and Onslow Nutro but got Nutrience Large Breed Holistic Crunch with duck and oat - I think I got that bit right. I threw out the packet so I checked on the website of Nutro and then had a :rofl: so checked Nutrience. Tilly and Onslow are enjoying the Nutrience but will be going back to Eaglepack. Something a bit different every now and again wouldn't go astray anyway would it?

very sorry for misleading everyone :p It's a pity we don't get Holistic Nutro thought, my friends in USA rave about it.

I bought EP Holistic Lamb & Rice for my boy and fed both the kids on it. I thought it was excellent - the output was small, George scratched less (he has skin problems which was the main reason to buy it in the first place) and his coat was the best it had been in years.

BUT he is also prone to putting on weight easily (typical Cavalier!) and unfortunately chunked up a bit on it. So we had to switch to Nutro light which is still very good but I think George did better on EP and I think they prefer the EP too. I just wish they had a light formula.

Oh and George will be 3 in March and Millie 1 in April. :cry:

I have started Chloe (8.5 years) on EP Holistic (Chicken) and she LOOOOOOVES it (hard to tell the effect as she is also still on Prescription R/D kibble also). My fiancee's GSD (approx 4 years) has also started on normal EP (original) and she looks fantastic!!! Certainly want to continue her on it.

I will be swapping Chloe over to the Sardine fishy EP Holistic as it has lower fat content (and the less the better for Chloe), and will also try their lite range. I feel happy feeding Chloe this food, and like she is getting the very best. However, I also want to try the Royal Canin mobility kibble, but it's prescription through vets... :)

Hope it helps!!!

ETA: The rep at the Pet Expo told me their ingredients (not sure which ones ie vegies/meat products etc) come from the Armish (sp?) community... is this true?

Hi ya Kel,

Mine are on the EP Holistic Duck and Oatmeal, I also use Nutrience Holistic Duck. I had some samples of the fish one but I decided 3 protein sources and an IBD afflicted dog don't mix (plus it pongs something bad and Duncs has enough fish breath as it is :rofl: ). If I'm not mistaken both have glucosamine and chodontrin which is good for his joints too (gotta love arthritis in a 2yo dog :rofl: NOT). They seem to prefer the Nutrience, probably because it has a few extra yummy ingrediants over the EP; it's also the cheaper of the 2 but only slightly.

I've had a small sample of the Nutro Lamb & Rice to try on him, he liked it but it wasn't enough of a sample for me to know if he will tolerate it as well as the others.

Cheers,

Corine

I have a weird request...could somebody please take a picture of a piece of the EP Holistic (don't care what flavour) with a 5c piece so I can figure out how bit the pieces are. I would like to try Silver on it, but she only has six teeth so even soaked in hot water she struggles if the pieces are too big. Does anyone know if the Senior Care is available in Australia?

I have Maintinence Senior in stock .

Canine Country Phone number removed - advertising

Hi ya Kel,

Mine are on the EP Holistic Duck and Oatmeal, I also use Nutrience Holistic Duck. I had some samples of the fish one but I decided 3 protein sources and an IBD afflicted dog don't mix (plus it pongs something bad and Duncs has enough fish breath as it is ;) ). If I'm not mistaken both have glucosamine and chodontrin which is good for his joints too (gotta love arthritis in a 2yo dog :swear: NOT). They seem to prefer the Nutrience, probably because it has a few extra yummy ingrediants over the EP; it's also the cheaper of the 2 but only slightly.

I've had a small sample of the Nutro Lamb & Rice to try on him, he liked it but it wasn't enough of a sample for me to know if he will tolerate it as well as the others.

Cheers,

Corine

Hey Corine,

Thanks for that info, I might also look into Nutrience range. I might have to stay away from the Duck varieties though as they may contain a bit higher fat content (and with Chloe's ongoing battles we skimp wherever we can, even if it's only 1%)!!! Poor bugger. I think perhaps she is at her normal weight even though she might be slightly heavier than a normal cattle dog. She does have a very big frame and seems to have plateaued with her weight loss. In pics from the side she looks like a fatty but it's just loose skin hanging from her belly, not actually solid fatty tissue. From the top she has a bit of a waist. I don't know, I guess with her leg problems I want her to carry the least amount of weight as possible so I can see that she will forever be on Doggy Weight Watchers :swear: But you know all about those dramas... especially having a boy with IBD and arthritic, double the trouble :D

:swear:

I have good experience with NUTRIENCE (www.nutrience.com/australia), the poo is small (2 a day)and very little smell, coat is shiny too. Nutrience is actually quite rich, with loads of herbs, so you only have to feed small amounts. Now one bag last me almost 3 months. And the prices are competitive too.

I know that EP is a fantastic food but that means nothing if the dogs wont eat it which is what ended up happening with mine. I have a small breed and was feeding Holistic duck and oatmeal, and holistic chicken. I found that her coat lost condition, and she was also pooping one heck of a lot, which i found strange for such a high quality food. Eventually she just wouldnt eat it anymore so I changed over to advance. Much smaller kibble which she will eat happily, less poop and she is in great condition.

I have a weird request...could somebody please take a picture of a piece of the EP Holistic (don't care what flavour) with a 5c piece so I can figure out how bit the pieces are. I would like to try Silver on it, but she only has six teeth so even soaked in hot water she struggles if the pieces are too big. Does anyone know if the Senior Care is available in Australia?

Its not the size of the pieces, but the fact that they are very hard. My chihuahua had a lot of trouble with them and i ended up having to crush or soak them. I doubt she would be able to chew them with 6 teeth.

I do soak them, but if they are too big she still has trouble with them...if they are small enough they slide down easy! :laugh: As it turns out, I just received a sample from the lovely Eagle Pack people, and they are quite small pieces and Silver loves it! :laugh:

Edited by New Age Outlaw

:laugh: I've been tossing up with the Nutro and EP :laugh:

I was lucky enough try some of the Nutro and thought it was great...

I think that pretty much answers my questions then doesn't

Nutro it is :laugh: I LOVE the Nutro Performance haven't tried the puppy yet though.

Sorry I'm a bit late with my reply Aziah.

I have small terriers double coated and have been feeding EP - Kennel Maintenance to my show dogs since it was introduced into Australia and was first being used by the Customs Dogs. I used Kennel Maintenance as it contained Advocado Oil (a natural flea repellant). I raised 5 litters on the EP Puppy and the condition and coat was the best I had seen in years. My vet remarked on their condition too.

Cityslicker