Eaglepack Users!

Aziah

Hi there,

For all of you that are Eaglepack users could you please answer a few questions for me (I have contacted Amba (EP Rep) and told her I am interested) however, I'd like to see what works for you guys and which type/s you give your dogs/puppies...

Which EaglePack?

Age of dog?

Have you tried more than 1 type from the EP range? If so, why were you more happy with the one you currently feed than the other?

TIA :thumbsup: Looking forward to your responses...

Edited by AZIAH

I have fed EP for a number of years and I'd highly recommend the Holistic range, I've used all the varieties and found them to be excellent. I've also tried the ordinary range, but had problems (large poos, slightly soft) with the Large Breed and Power probably because of the corn content. Of the non Holistic varieties I have found EP Natural to be the best although, of course, everyone's dog is different.

I have recently changed to another brand, but not because EP was in any way inferior, I simply wanted a change.

I'm currently feeding my dogs EP Holistic Duck and Oatmeal.

Darcy is 4yrs and Toppy is 3yrs.

They've previously had EP Holistic Chicken

Darcy has digestive issues which is why I switched to the Duck flavour. He's always been a fussy eater too, never really liking dry foods but he loves Eagle Pack dry.

ETA - Darcy is the cocker and Toppy is the BC

Edited by poocow

Tilly was fed on Eaglepack large breed puppy and the vet said that she was the healthiest puppy that she ever had seen. When she was over 6 months switched both of them over to Eaglepack large breed Holistic, far less poos, and both with good coats, shiny eyes. They like it as well and Onslow was a very fussy eater. Two golden retreivers, Tilly is 1 next month, Onslow turned 2 in December.

I liked the holistic as it didn't have corn in it and I have heard that goldens are prone to cancer and corn can be a contributing factor and Onsy's dad died of cancer at an early age.

the only problem for me is that living in the country I have to be organised and order in advance which sometimes I forget to do. At the moment because I was near a pet shop that sold it I have Nutro Holistic large breed Duck and Oatmeal I think. It is more expensive than the Eaglepack so I will go back to that.

I have started Chloe (8.5 years) on EP Holistic (Chicken) and she LOOOOOOVES it (hard to tell the effect as she is also still on Prescription R/D kibble also). My fiancee's GSD (approx 4 years) has also started on normal EP (original) and she looks fantastic!!! Certainly want to continue her on it.

I will be swapping Chloe over to the Sardine fishy EP Holistic as it has lower fat content (and the less the better for Chloe), and will also try their lite range. I feel happy feeding Chloe this food, and like she is getting the very best. However, I also want to try the Royal Canin mobility kibble, but it's prescription through vets... :thumbsup:

Hope it helps!!!

ETA: The rep at the Pet Expo told me their ingredients (not sure which ones ie vegies/meat products etc) come from the Armish (sp?) community... is this true?

Miranda,

What size breed do you have? I knew you'd have a good answer for me but I was surprised you had changed (do you think you'll change back at some stage)?

I have Gordon Setters so I guess you'd call them a large breed. I was quite happy with the EP, but got sucked in by the very positive reports I'd heard about Nutro so I thought I'd give it a try. I've only been feeding it for two days, but poos are good and the dogs certainly like it although my dogs will eat just about anything.

I wouldn't hesitate to use EP again and may well go back to it at some stage, but I'd only use the Holistic varieties. My two puppies didn't do at all well on the ordinary Large Breed Puppy Formula, they had large, softish poos and one of them started to lose weight so I changed them onto Power to try to put the weight back on and the poos were just as bad. I put it down to the high proportion of corn in the these two varieties. They are fine on the Nutro that only contains rice.

If you're going to use one of the ordinary EP I'd recommend the Natural, it does contain corn, but not as much and all my older dogs do well on it, but if you can afford it go with the Holistic varieties, they're definitely better.

:laugh: I've been tossing up with the Nutro and EP :D

I was lucky enough try some of the Nutro and thought it was great...

I think that pretty much answers my questions then doesn't

Nutro it is :D I LOVE the Nutro Performance haven't tried the puppy yet though.

Edited by AZIAH

I don't think you could go wrong with either EP or Nutro... both excellent quality foods. I've only trialled Nutro, but would be happy to change if i had problems getting EP. Have fed a few varieties. We used EP Natural for ages before trying the Holistic range and the dogs (goldens) did very well on that. Otherwise we've tried the duck & ?oatmeal, chicken, and lamb ones. The girls went absolutely ape over the chicken one for some reason.

I reccomend the EP Holistic range also, the dogs seem to do extremely well on it. They especially like the fish flavour.

I recently changed over two puppies from the EP Puppy to Nutro Large Puppy purely as these puppies in particular are quite fussy eaters (although one has decided they love the EP now a couple days before the Nutro arrived :thumbsup:) Will see how they go, palatability wise they enjoy every piece !.

Though the older giants prefered their EP, go figure :clap:

I did especially like the Nutro Performance also something to keep in mind when this fussy puppy grows up.

I use the Eagle Pack Holistic range for Bailey (2.5 years) and Keesha (2 years) :thumbsup: I highly recommended it.

I've used the Chicken then the Duck and now are using the Fish.

I have got them on the fish now because Keesha had sore ears on the other two but the fish seems to be okay (*touch wood)

Their coats are lovely and shiny and Keesha's coat has improved even more since being on the Fish :clap:

Edited by Weimlover

I have a weird request...could somebody please take a picture of a piece of the EP Holistic (don't care what flavour) with a 5c piece so I can figure out how bit the pieces are. I would like to try Silver on it, but she only has six teeth so even soaked in hot water she struggles if the pieces are too big. Does anyone know if the Senior Care is available in Australia?

I have two shih tzu crosses. One had suspected allergy problems. I tried a few brands re: their sensitive formulas. I have found Eaglepack Fish recipe the best for their allergies and now will stick to it. they always like to eat it. I order a big bag & suppy tow other small dogs with it as well & all seem to do really well on it. Ages of all dogs is in the range of 3-5 years.

I started my Toller on the natural at 5 mths, swapped over from Hills b/c his poos were massive. I use it in conjunction with BARF patties and he does very very well. I also use it solely when I can't get down to pick up any patties. I had him on a bag of power as I wasn't happy with his weight but have now switched him back to the Natural.

I have used the holistic fish with my skin allergic Staffy, and found it to be good, but not as good as the Hills z/d in her particular situation....but all the dogs go CRAZY over the fish and it really does smell like fish when you open up the bag.

I am going to switch my senior dogs over to the senior care formula b/c Hills have had yet another price rise :) and my old Kelpie seems to have trouble with the big kibble.

All dog kibbles are supposed to meet a certain 'design' as far as teeth cleaning goes, to be approved, but I do think you need to give bones every so often with the EP.

Cheers,

Mel. :)

My 3 littlies (all under 10kgs) are on the small dogs and puppies EP. They LOVE it :) I did try them on the Power formula but honestly, they were (abnormally!) bouncing off the walls for the entire bag!! :eek: Back on the small dog formula and their behaviour is now "normal" for them :mad Also one of my dogs just wouldnt eat the Power formula so Hesapandabear gave me a Nutro sample - that was great too but it was all about timing and I went back to the EP for small dogs.

I wouldn't hesitate to feed Nutro or EP. :)

(Also I do add raw food including meat and sardines and the dogs get plenty of bones)