Sick Again

Teebs

he has been pooping, he is VERY down tonight, came into the kitchen when i got some food, but wasnt interested

Vets tomorrow.

The cut foot was a while ago, i will have a chat to vet about it as well.

I am more worried about a blockage then anything else. Just a bad feeling i have.

Cant get to the vets till after work, depending on how he goes through the night, i will get dad to take him, i rather be there to listen, dad wont know what to tell and is half deaf anyways - on top of that he wont be able to get At out of the yard without kaos going mad - Where i can take them both and not have her going off her head at home.

Had a good chat to Suz and she helped a bit, he is in my bed tonight (and he STINKS!! If that isnt love i dont know what is? :laugh: ) so i can keep a close eye on him (he sleeps with his head on my neck, so i can tell if he has any trouble)

Stoopid dogs!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, guess I am not much help then, but I find it's often helpful to get others to troubleshoot from the outside and see if you can pinpoint anything that might have changed or might be causing a problem, which is why (I gather) you posted.
What do I give him to chew? EVERYTHING, this isnt a dog that has nothing to play with
I was in no way suggesting he may be deprived, but not knowing your dogs and his issues (as others obviously do) it helps to know a little bit more about them before offering suggestions.

I hope you and your vet get to the bottom of it.

Sorry Toohey - I know the dramas that happen on DOL with Raw feeding and what not, i dont want to get into that, i dont want to feed it and wont feed it. I dont want to have to get into a big fight over why i chose that :eek:

I have posted a few times about him, he has been eating everything since day one, i have done all i can to keep him safe, yet he sstill finds things :laugh: It isnt boredom, he has so many things to do, and when i am not so busy with work, he gets a good walk every second day (Kaos goes the other days) and he and kaos play all day (so neighbour has told me!) so it isnt lack of exersise (and when i walk him he usually wants to go home 5 mins into the walk)

I am more worried about him then Kaos at the moment. that is why i brushed that off. she if fine within herself, driving me mad, but he is very down.

Anyways sorry if i came across rude. Im heading to bed with a stinky dog

Ok, home from the vet

He has a VERY sore tummy, he was not happy at all to be there (vet even picked up on this, normally he is doing anything he can to get to the lolly jar! this time he didnt care less about it)

No temp.

she poked him up the bottom (ewww) and said there is nothing in there she can feel - He is on no food for a while, and see how he goes, if he is still sick they want to do more tests on him, but at the moment she feels it is a bit to much, so lets hope for a good 24 hours with him!

She isnt worried about kaos, said to keep an eye on her, it should clear up on its own, give her a ring if it doesnt and she will get some meds for it

Just spent the last 2 hours sitting outside with Atlas

The night before last he spewed a pile of crap up, i am actually starting to think someone is throwing rubbish in my yard, there was a pileof plastic and i have no idea where from?

he was ok last night, but this morning found some vomit on the spare bed (bet you are glad you didnt stay the night here now, hey Ruger?) i dont know what dog it belongs to

Tonight he he heaving, but nothing comming out, his tummy is VERY tight, and he is cowered down low - He is also stretching a lot (no idea if that means anything? but something i did notice)

have him crated in my room tonight, vets afterhours number on stand by, if he is still sick tomorrow, we will be off to the vets - Vet always tells me to wait it out, wont be doing that this time - i want something done

I did a bit clean upof the yard a few months back, there is NOTHING he can eat in there, all the toys i check all the time, if they are getting old and falling apart they go in the bin, i have no ideawhat it is

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just reading your posts and it does sound VERY similar to how Dakota was last week, (9 month old SBT)....Unfortunatly he did havean obstruction in his intestines and had surgery on wednesday just gone :D I hope its not but its almost exactly how he was and he is such a happy little soul normally.....

It sounds like an obstruction to me too.

Samadii, how is Dakota coming along. Is he home yet?

Thanks cavNrott, he is home now and feeling very sorry for himself :D I have a pic but I dont want to deminish the importance of this thread ;) They had to do quite a large incission so poor bugger is cut from sternham to bellow his testicles (or where they would be)

Sure, you know the computer mouse, the older ones with the ball underneath? Well the next door neighbours threw it over the fence and he ate it :D was 3.5cm in diameter and he is only 9 months old :swear:

sorry terrorbull ;)

OMG! the poor thing

Dont say sorry, i am the queen of hijacking - So go for it :swear:

Terrorbull,

If it makes you feel any better - one of mine was at the vet three times before he was six months old with obstructions. One from eating my glasses and chewing and swallowing the lenses :D , the second for eating a freezer bag that I dropped in the kitchen, he ate it before I could pick it up ;) and the next time for eating all the stuffing out of a toy including the squeaker. Some dogs will just eat anything. :swear:

Hope he recovers quickly.

, the second for eating a freezer bag that I dropped in the kitchen, he ate it before I could pick it up :banghead:

Ramses had eaten gald wrapped chicken wings 2 of them :laugh: I emailed my evta dn he said if he hasnt passed it in 2 days bring him in as he may have an obtsruction. He passed the glad wrap thankfully and is always trying to eat the roo mince right out of my hand plastic and all :banghead: I guess they never learn :banghead: