In Regards To Destraint Therapy Topic

Im sorry you feel that way. I did read it and to me, the rude language coming from someone understandably upset was not addressed at all DOL's but instead at the fools who took it on themselves to abuse the trainer. If you feel that it was addressed to you perhaps there is a reason for that?

Don't be a smarty pants ausdogsx6, however upset she was that's no excuse for coming on here and calling DOL members 'f*****g idiots'. Anyway whatever abuse the 'trainer' received I'm sure it wasn't as harsh as the abuse she meted out to the poor dog.

This so called 'trainer' is dangerous. If she's sucking in gullible members of the general public and subjecting their dogs to these oldfashioned and barbaric methods of training, methods which, if used on certain dogs could trigger unprovoked aggression, then as far as I'm concerned it's about time someone set her straight. There are way too many charlatans involved in training dogs these days and she's one of them.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well frankly, if someone is offering a service and has a website for public display they should realise that every so often there will be unsatisfied customer. And they will talk to other people about their experiences and seek advice elsewhere.

Im in a pet business myslef and I have heard everything about my business, from fantastic coments to bad comments.

Its part of having a business. I dont believe anyone that provides some sort of a servise has 100% customer satisfaction. Even those taht think that are the best in their field, whatever the business they are in.

you might think Im a smarty pants but while you all are busy giving heaps to Andoria, not one of you have given a thought for whats next for her and her dog. You are all more worried about your feelings being hurt by an angry outburst which was not aimed at you in the first place, unless of course you are the ones who went to far with the trainer, than putting that aside and trying to put her straight on what she should be doing. Positive trainers? dogs make mistakes and you ignore them, then treat when they get it right. Dont you? The same can work with people! Andoria got it wrong but the dog is the one who will suffer now because no one is willing to help her get it right. Ask your self, do you really care what happens to her dog? because I do and if she cares to ask I will try to help. The trouble is I am far from an expert and I am sure there is some better help out there if you would only give her another chance. Call me a smarty pants if you want but I honestly care about Andoria and her dog.

Im sorry you feel that way. I did read it and to me, the rude language coming from someone understandably upset was not addressed at all DOL's but instead at the fools who took it on themselves to abuse the trainer. If you feel that it was addressed to you perhaps there is a reason for that?

Damn right there is a reason, that being that Andoria singled out the said "f***ing idiots" as DOL members Her raction was totally over the top, the abuse completely uncalled for and still.....no apology.

If you are suggesting that I was one of the people responsible for the emails then I take offense at that too.

Besides my issue here is you, jumping into a thread thats was going just fine and prattling on about how people should "lighten up".

ausdogsx6

Ask your self, do you really care what happens to her dog?

Ask yourself.. did it never occur to you that someone might have been exchanging PMs with Andoria about training issues?

Seems to me that you are as quick to judge as you accuse others of being. We all care about the dog dude, that's why we're DOLers.

you might think Im a smarty pants but while you all are busy giving heaps to Andoria, not one of you have given a thought for whats next for her and her dog. You are all more worried about your feelings being hurt by an angry outburst which was not aimed at you in the first place, unless of course you are the ones who went to far with the trainer, than putting that aside and trying to put her straight on what she should be doing. Positive trainers? dogs make mistakes and you ignore them, then treat when they get it right. Dont you? The same can work with people! Andoria got it wrong but the dog is the one who will suffer now because no one is willing to help her get it right. Ask your self, do you really care what happens to her dog? because I do and if she cares to ask I will try to help. The trouble is I am far from an expert and I am sure there is some better help out there if you would only give her another chance. Call me a smarty pants if you want but I honestly care about Andoria and her dog.

You are so right, we are all just worried about ourselves and no-one care about what's best for Andoria and her dog :rofl:

That must be why a number of us have posted in a thread DEVOTED to helping them both.

Have you posted in it? Has Andoria even acknowledged it? Not last time I checked.

You've been here for all of five minutes, some of us have been here for years giving out free advice to Andoria and many others like her. Ever heard of the phrase "don't teach your Grandmother to suck eggs?" :angel:

I have already recommended that Andoria take her dog to K9 Force who is a reputable accredited dog trainer and behaviourist. Of course I care about the dog, far more than I care about Andoria and her 'trainer' that's for sure.

BTW don't you dare imply that I was one of the people 'who went too far with the trainer', I can take a lot of s**t, but I won't put up with people casting aspersions on my integrity.

ausdogs you need to read the subject in total. I've lost count of the number of threads on this subject. However many people advised that Andoria consults a behaviourist. Most of those advisors were trainers themselves and their advice is well reasoned and very sound. Andoria did not bother to acknowledge their advice

There is little point in her taking advice from people who know less or as little as she does. The very fact that you state you are far from an expert I would suggest you refrain from giving advice about this dog. This poor dog is in enough trouble without inexperienced people making the situation worse.

This dog needs to be seen by a behaviourist.

I have not given any advice to her, good or bad because as I already said, I am not an expert. The only thing that I would do is help her to find some help from a positive trainer. And yes, I have only been here for five minutes, foolishly thinking that I would meet some good people. but obviously I was wrong. You are all too clicky for me. I quit!

My trainer dosn't have to defend herself. And i will not suggest anything like that to her as my intention of the original post was to ask for advice.

Sorry if i have offened anyone who offered good advice. But my post was more directed at the people who played a part in the harrasment.

In relation to the topic that i had started and due to me posting her website. It is up to me to fix situation not her.

If someone was was 'bagging' my methods of training, and causing me emotional stress, i'd certainly want to defend myself and methods (especially if i believed in them enough to use them in my business) and to clear up any misunderstandings.

You stated that your 'trainer doesn't have to defend herself', but you never said whether you had invited her to come in here.

If she was so upset and concerned by 'DOL'ers' then she should get in contact with the forum members/site owners to sort it out.

JMO

Staff'n'Toller pretty much covered it earlier, Kelpie-i:

In essence...the trainer forced the dog to lay on it's side and submit whilst she held it there with her leg over it. Trainer got very bitten and so did the owners when they tried it.

Solution for running up the stairs when not wanted: Shove the dog back down the stairs.

Solution for rushing through doors: Wait until the dog has run through then punish it with the door (you can figure out what that means).

Not something I'd want a stranger doing to my dog, and in fact, Andoria herself started the last (deleted) thread because she was unsure about these methods and was apparently concerned at the negative changes in her dog's behaviour since this 'therapy'.

Edited by Amhailte

And i will not suggest anything like that to her as my intention of the original post was to ask for advice.

No worries, I did.

This is the emial I have send to her this morning

"I'm one of many members of Dogzonline forums and there is a discussion there about some of the training methods you use.

Several members of the forums invite you to join in the discussion about the methods.

This is the link to the subject.

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=92050 "