Toys = No Fun!

Rhi

I'm sure this is an odd question... My boy (10mth old Lab x), isn't really interested in toys!

I discussed this briefly with my vet, he said just show him how.

I have every toy under the sun, I throw them to him, roll them, chase them with him, show him how noisey they can be... I have a knog and plastic bottles with treats in them. He's just not interested!

Sometimes he plays with them with me but only for a few minutes and hes back to not paying any attention. His fun is to chew things... bones, sticks, chew toys... is this enough stimulus?

Any suggestions on making toys more appealing?

Babies are more interested in things like chewing on there own feet, clothes, pulling mums hair, or eating things off the floor.

Much to the discust of others :laugh:

Different things for different people/babies/dogs.

Sway would rather eat an old box then a swanky toy.

Ed is 20 months now and he still doesn't really care much about toys

He loves his food though ;)

At is almost 4 years old and never plays. once in a while he will, if Kaos bugs him enough, but not often

Kaos will often (everynight!) pull ALL her toys out of the toy box and play on her own, but i cant play fetch with either of them!

It depends on each dog.

Orson loves playing whereas Oi will play but takes a bit of encouragement. Oi's fave game is taking Orson's ball then keep squeaking it. Orson will lose interest in the ball and Oi will follow Orson and squeak it in her mouth till he wants it again and chases her ;) it's a vicious cycle.

Babies are more interested in playing by themselves and chewing things at their age. Some dogs play better independently. Have you had your boy since he was a pup or just acquired him recently????

Cayenne is a toy freak compared to some of the above posts! she's plays with everything when prompted!... all her toys i have played with her when she first gets em so she knows what to do...

Toys that she's supposed to play with...

Empty drink bottles.... ;)

Fetch the Kong... :hug:

Treat Ball.... :laugh:

Kong Dental thing... :rofl:

Tug rope... ;)

Tennis Ball... :D

Soft duck toy... :D

Teddy... :)

Empty Toilet roll... :love:

Soccer ball... ;)

She also has the usual things she plays with but is not allowed...

Shoes, The lounges, plastic bags, news papers, sons toys - especially the stuffed crocodile we often find her wrestling crocks when he forgets to shut his door :)

Both my dogs love toys. They have a big basket full and during the day they will just wander over and grab one, usually to go and show the other one and then start a play fight over. Its very cute! Usually the ones the make noise or smell of food (kong etc) are the ones the like the most. Mag will chew absolutely anything I give her, Rocky likes certain toys (hes obsessed with ripping appart soft toys) but if he thinks Mag is getting something hes not he will chew it too.