Training Partners - Updated

Ok,

Seems like a few of us are on the hunt for training partners!!!

Who would be interested in once a month training sessions where we can feed off each other in terms of getting ready for trials. Weekends only - dependant of course on what we have on.....

Only those of us who have an interest in aiming to get to a high quality trialling standard as if we cover 'basic obedience' (without trialling in mind) it may get a little too hard to conform.

If we have a lot of interest I am sure we'll still be able to get it to work.

Any ideas? Or Interest (other than that of myself, Shoey and JulesP!)

Umm... as for the basics of training methods, I think the 3 of us are motivation/ clicker training type trainers???

Edited by leopuppy04

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean if you train differently, you can't come.. ??? :):rofl:

:laugh::laugh: Nope not at all - someone just said to line out what training methods you use in the other thread, so I thought I better point it out!!! LOL!

seems there are a few hailing from SE 'burbs or areas where it wouldn't be hard to get to - i'm thinking somewhere in Knox at the moment...... anyone that knows nice, flat training grounds that won't be used on weekends - Let me know!

Edited by leopuppy04

Those that are not quite there but aiming for it are fine :laugh: Just so long as 'trialling' is your ultimate goal - that way if we get nit picky with heeling you won't wonder why 'we care'! LOL. I am planning on going with the puplet, and she is NOWHERE near trialling yet :laugh:.

I would be interested. My dog is completely a sheepdog but i have been wanting to do more with him.

I have ob trialled with 3 breeds in the past so i know what it is all about, but my dog is certainly not at trialling standard yet for obedience.

Sounds like it could be fun.

ETA Knox would be great as its not too far away!!

Edited by jesomil

Could you all come to Ballarat and train with me? I've got one in CCD and one in Novice and I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong! Its hard living by yourself and having a camera that only takes 30 seconds of video!

Knox would be fine for me. A bunch of trainers in the one spot- doesn't that frighten anybody else!!?? :laugh:

ummm........ YES!!!!! :laugh::):rofl: This could end bad..... very bad :rofl::rofl::)

Nah - so long as everyone keeps a level head and accepts 'constructive criticism' and POV we'll all come out alive! Lets face it, if all everybody said was "That is really good" - we'd get nowhere!

Soo... anyone know of any grounds??? Or a date?

ETA:

could i atg along im not trialling my boy but hes doing ud and he needs an outing now and again

Like I said - don't have to be trialling, but just so long as that is the idea in mind, and it is a general consensus that we will be training for CCD, Novice, Open, UD and UDX stuff..... That was the only point I wanted to iron out :).

I have no stuff for Open upward though :)

Edited by leopuppy04

haha shoey im not a stranger just gone awol and connor has developed an issue with black dog especially huffy ones he wants to beat them up coz eddie is a bully and picked on him

He got a huge soccer ball for his bday i been huge its a big cushion really all fluffy its hilarious wtachign him play with it

Woo hoo!!!

This sounds awesome.... can't wait!

We are not at trialling level yet, but it's certainly the goal.

When are we looking at starting this?

BTW - I know the grounds where the Knox Obedience Club train look quite good. Maybe we could go there..... outside their training times of course.