Training Partners - Updated

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rhapsodical78
Ok - I have checked my calendar and came up with a few dates. I think an RSVP will be a good idea so that we get a rough idea of who is coming and what equipment is being brought :dropjaw:.

For those of us that want to train something specific - please write down and have a think about it before coming so that you are able to tell us what level you are at and what your aim is - where your weaknesses are and what you want to improve etc,etc.. I think this is the best way for us to help each other.

1st date -

14th April 2007 - KCC Park - Afternoon - probably around 2ish? I am at the Show there in the morning so I figured we can do some training after that since so many of you are near KCC.

28th April 2007 - Knox ODC? - Morning - Say 9ish? This gives those that can't come in the arvos a possibility of coming!

And I think I recognise your dogs as well. You're also at Southern Obedience, no? I remarked that I hadn't seen many aussie shepherds in the flesh and I had a whole bunch of little dogs with me who kept yapping at the fence. This was on a non-training day.

I have a black kelpie called Onyx. Sound familiar?

Would I be welcome just to come and watch some of you working with your dogs? My pup is nowhere near good enough, he's only just started doing heeling...but i'd love to see someone who knows what they're doing (or at least knows more than I do). I wouldn't probably be able to get to the first two sessions, but would you be having more in the future?

and a hello to a fellow LJ-er rhapsodical78 :dropjaw:

Guest rhapsodical78
Would I be welcome just to come and watch some of you working with your dogs? My pup is nowhere near good enough, he's only just started doing heeling...but i'd love to see someone who knows what they're doing (or at least knows more than I do). I wouldn't probably be able to get to the first two sessions, but would you be having more in the future?

and a hello to a fellow LJ-er rhapsodical78 :dropjaw:

Whoa. Small world. How is Ranger doing? You must be local. Are you with a club?

Whoa. Small world. How is Ranger doing? You must be local. Are you with a club?

Heh - Ranger is doing well, getting bigger and cleverer (I can't believe he's 10.5 months already!). I'm a north-eastener, and i'm with ADT.

I should be able to make it to the afternoon at KCC-are we posting RSVPs here? And probably should include how many dogs we'll be bringing and wanting to work. How will it run? I think it would be good to have each person demo where they are at and then as a group suggestions can be given? That way everyone can get lots of different ideas and see how different training concepts might apply- they can pick the one that suits them and their dog best?

And yes, i'm sure you've got us pegged rhaps78. As for Georgie's breed- your guess is as good as ours! We think she is a dane cross am staff. We think she's pretty cute but one of the instructors commented on how ugly she was the first time he saw her! What about poor little Cosmo- she's cute too!!

this is hw we used to do ti everyone bring chairs etc as they would in a trial then we set up a ring everyone sets up around the ring each person gets a runthrough max ten minutes and we discuss ideas to fix any problems and tips etc then once everyone has been through once then you can go through again or

break into sall groups and do similar. aLl dogs onlead except when working and yeveryone needs to think about ettiquette outside the ring as you would a trial

If epopel dont want a run through but want to wrk on distraction etc then wehn its their turn we set that up for that person also while soemone is in the ring its can pay to have others workign their dogs next to it as you wont go to many trials where there is one ring.

Guest rhapsodical78
I should be able to make it to the afternoon at KCC-are we posting RSVPs here? And probably should include how many dogs we'll be bringing and wanting to work. How will it run? I think it would be good to have each person demo where they are at and then as a group suggestions can be given? That way everyone can get lots of different ideas and see how different training concepts might apply- they can pick the one that suits them and their dog best?

And yes, i'm sure you've got us pegged rhaps78. As for Georgie's breed- your guess is as good as ours! We think she is a dane cross am staff. We think she's pretty cute but one of the instructors commented on how ugly she was the first time he saw her! What about poor little Cosmo- she's cute too!!

Cosmo is gorgeous. But how can they say Georgie is ugly? She's stunning! I guess some people prefer little fluffies.

14th is my first ever agility trial!

28th- Might be ok- have to see if I have tennis and netball and if my mum will drive me.

edit:

Ness,

Hey t(AD)pole,

I might be interested in the pattern. We are just in the process of getting a quote on materials to make some.

check out this thread http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=95192 . I need to draw a diagram because its kinda hard to explain. Which obstacles are you interested in?

Edited by t(AD)pole

Anybody can come/ watch/ bring their dogs.

Cosmo - you're idea sounds good :) - yes, please RSVP which dates you can come to for my benefit plz ;).

If it is pelting rain (ie: saturdays weather) we won't go ahead :)

rhaps78 - I don't train at Southern but I was at their trial - I could possibly have met you :confused:

T(ad)Pole - GOOD LUCK for your agility trial ;) ;) ;)

can't remember anything else I needed to reply to!

Oooh and rather than start a new thread - my boy Leo got 97/100 and FIRST PLACE in his last CCD trial at Knox yesterday :eek: :D

Edited by leopuppy04

Thanks shoemonster, we do have some cool pictures on the website- Cosmo and Jess are easy to take photos of. I think he thought Georgie was ugly because she's not pure!

Congrats to LP on your win- you must have been very proud and done so well to get 97- well done! Cosmo has only got 94, in a novice trial and i was thrilled with that so you must be stoked. :confused:

I will be there on the 14th with Georgie and Cosmo- everyone will have to be gentle on Georgie- we've only had her a few months (hope that excuse doesn't run out for a while)and she's just started her training- some exercises are really good but she doesn't even know stand yet! Not sure whether she'll trial yet- will depend on her. And we've been out of practice with Cosmo for ages!!

LOL Cosmo - I still don't know how we did it - I still think the Judge was watching the wrong dog :confused:!

I'll be taking both Leo and Kinta - I want to try and get Leo ready for Novice and would love tips for d/b retrieves.

Kinta is like Georgie - not very advanced but i'm a little stuck as to what to teach next! I want precision first before I start on heeling etc :eek: