Training Partners - Updated

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RM I've only been doing flyball, haven't been doing classes so it doesn't affect me as much, but I'm happy to train either day, or a combination of both

Box hill is great for me :laugh: but so is knox!

Edited by shoemonster

Well Box Hill would be very nice as i wouldnt have to travel at all :laugh: and it is such a dog training desert with such great parks!!

But i agree it is probably getting a bit far for some. Knox sounds good !!

I'd be interested, though I'm a newbie whom now one here knows. I haven't started trialing but intend to. I'm working through basic obedience right now. I'll watch this thread for times and dates if I'm welcome.

There's a picture of 'the subject' below.

Cheers.

Naomi.

Naomi, keep us updated to where you are at in training, and keep an eye on what we're doing too :laugh:

What dog do you have?

Guest rhapsodical78

Naomi, keep us updated to where you are at in training, and keep an eye on what we're doing too :laugh:

What dog do you have?

Argh, the picture didn't work. I'm currently in 'pink' class. I'm not sure if other clubs work the same way with training levels. I have a kelpie. He's a bright boy, but he's only eight months old. Currently still working on-lead in class, though he does okay off-lead at home.

LOL - so does anyone know of any grounds yet - JulesP the one you are mentioning sounds good!

I can't do mid-week afternoons which is why I said weekends only. Since there seem to be a few of us saying 'afternoons only' or 'mornings only' - how about we can either meet once a month alternating between afternoons & mornings

OR

we could meet 2x a month - once in the morning and once in the arvo???

Tadpole - Agility is fine - I was thinking that over easter I might go over to bunnings and see if I can design some jumps and stuff as I need to practice some handling skills! So bring some of that stuff along too (that is if you can fit it in your car :laugh:).

So far it seems we have Knox/ Lysterfield as the best option although Box Hill area *does* have fantastic training grounds :)

If stuck, you can use my place. 7 ks from Berwick. I have some very dusty, but in good condition, jumps in the garage.

A set time would help, from a personal view, so I can organise my training around the group.

We also have Lablover's wonderful offer as well guys...... another option to think about!!!

ok what about me :cheers:

i would love to join in too.....

I have been doing trial training lessons with a few people 1 on 1 but can't find any one to help me sharping up my trail training.

I am over in the western burbs, but Box hill is about 25 mins away, so would be happy to go there :champagne:

where in knox were u thinking??

this has been something i have been thinking about for a while :drink:

Would i be able to bring Barker? I think he would enjoy this type of stuff.

I am not sure if we will trial but i would like to do this type of thing with him.

Sat arvo or any time sundays is cool with me... if i can tag along! :champagne: