Water Bucket Mayhem

Allerzeit

Here's how I overcame the problem to some degree. I put a flat ceramic bowl of water underneath the hanging bowl of water. The idea is that she can stand in the ceramic bowl while drinking from the hanging bowl. They only want to get their feet wet so once they have their feet in the bottom ceramic bowl they are happy to just drink from the hanging bucket while paddling in the ceramic bowl.

my 2 cant move mne - put more water in!!

yep all my indoor water play stopped once we got a paddling pool :D they both love it :)

you serious?

I can fill this to the top, and she can move it!!

you could always try burying it in the ground a little, or drilling a couple holes in top edge and pegging it

she sure does have a lot of fun with it, but hey at least shes not digging her water bucket out, the clam pool is much more fun :thumbsup:

Well with a house full of BCs we did find the perfect solution.

My OH cousin came to visit and brought one over as a gift. :laugh:

We liked it sooo much that my OH got on ebay and got some more.

However we had to get it from the USA.

Its a dog waterer that screws on to the tap and it has a lever the the dog licks and the water comes out

I like it as the water never runs out and no mosquito's laver or toads to clean out.

I think my OH paid about $15 US each

Its called Lixit

www.lixit.com

Now if only they would stay outside after being in the pool I might have a dry floor/ couch or even bed sometimes :laugh:

Well with a house full of BCs we did find the perfect solution.

My OH cousin came to visit and brought one over as a gift. :laugh:

We liked it sooo much that my OH got on ebay and got some more.

However we had to get it from the USA.

Its a dog waterer that screws on to the tap and it has a lever the the dog licks and the water comes out

I like it as the water never runs out and no mosquito's laver or toads to clean out.

I think my OH paid about $15 US each

Its called Lixit

www.lixit.com

Now if only they would stay outside after being in the pool I might have a dry floor/ couch or even bed sometimes :laugh:

I got the last lot on US ebay. I see some there now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIXIT-Dog-Auto-Waterer...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://tinyurl.com/37gbey

Dogs learn to use them quickly, especially puppies. Just need a low tap.

You're in for a long journey on this one. My BC is almost 12 months old and will still find something to do with a water bowl. If she can't dig at the water then she sticks her head completely in (or as much as she can). For her crate I bought a small 1.5 litre stainless bucket with a hook on it so that I could attach it to her crate at her head height when she was standing. This solved the dunk the head prob as its too small and it solved the dig the water prob as its too high to get her feet in. Only prob is you have to fill it up pretty regularly but thats not too bad considering its only her crate. As for her outside water bucket, she likes to drag those around and do the dig or dunk things as well as tip it over and dig in the mud the spilt water creates. Problem solved by wedging it in a corner with a brick in it and using a wide but low bucket so more surface area but less depth and we dont come home to a dripping puppy anymore!!! :laugh: I do give a big thumbs up to giving some form of water to play with (ie clam shell) cos bcs really do love water!! Anyway, enough from me and Good Luck :laugh:

Attach self water bowl to the tap & place up the wall.We get a few in boarding that do this & it started as a game now the owners regret it big time.

I do have a giant metal bowl that comes with a lid that the setters use in my bedroom ,it is great.

I have good news. Jack kept chewing the water bucket ( and everything else in sight) and we tried so many different things too but now have found the answer. We bought a ceramic tub, it cost about $30 but we had already spent quite a bit on buckets, lol. We just bought it from a pet supply store. It is also heavy so he is not even able to tip it over!! No more water everywhere. (except for what drips off his beard, lol).

Just thought I would share. :thumbsup: