Doggles

OMD²

I want to buy Oscar some doggles.. as we go to the beach a lot and we walk/jog with him as well. I don't want him getting any eye diease that I can help him not get....

I have searched on ebay and there is a seller on there selling the for $29.. which I think is a pretty good price..

I was just wondering if any of you have doggles and if so where did you buy them from?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

I've tried to fit a pair of doggles for Lulu - as she's the one of our 3 greys who loves the sidecar the most . I carry eyewash when we're out riding in case she gets sand or bugs in her eyes. Haven't been able to find a pair of doggles yet that fit her skinny face and big gorgeous eyes :eek: . I'll check out the K9 Optix to see whether that style might fit better. Doggles may look a bit weird, but they're very practical for canine motorcycle enthusiasts - and dogs with pannus :confused: .

Regards,

Fastgals.

My Vet has just suggested I get some doggles or similar for Ebony, my grey who has Pannus, she said she had a dog in for a consult the other day, and it had a different brand on, they were quite flat and fitted really well.

I will try to find them, but think it will be hard to get something to fit my girls skinny head. :D

If anyone knows which ones will fit a grey, I would love to hear about them.

Trish

Hi

I bought a pair of large Doggles a while back for our Dally to wear in the ute on long trips. She has but one eye and I wanted to protect it from wind and sun. After a while, a mirror check usually shows that they are above her eyes; I think they are pushed up when she gets into head around the side, nose into the wind mode, bumps them up on the vehicle. I quickly get tired of stopping to reposition and adjust and pop her in the front, with/ without the presence of human g/mother. Also, the attention she gets at the servos is quite unwelcome as she does not like the eyeballing, gets a bit of the 'plumber's mate' about her.

Actually don't think the fit is the best, they are perhaps a bit wide. Too lousy to try other brands though!

Good luck!

I got my doggles from www.vetproductsdirect.com.au and I have seen them in Pet stock on South Road in Adelaide.

I put a pair of medium sized ones on my foster grey teddy and his face was too skinny, they stayed on for a minute but not very well. Maybe a size small would fit?

*giggles*

Sorry but I think they're bloody funny.

One of my dogs has a pair but it just doesnt sit right, its too tight around the eyes and squishes them up.

*slaps sas for laughing at the funny doggles :cool: :confused: * :( Sas that reminds me, where are the photos of Leila with her cute little boots on :laugh: .

It's best to take your dog to a store to have the Doggles fitted. And then, if you're sneaky, you can buy that size online somewhere :confused:

Jack doesn't wear his much, other than to amuse me.

But here's a handy hint ... they cut down his peripheral vision a fair bit. So when I want to put drops in his ears, I pop the Doggles on (then click and treat), do the first ear (click and treat), second ear (click and treat), throw a squeaky toy (click and treat) then remove the Doggles with a final click and treat. And some more retrieval games with a squeaky toy.

He seems to look forward to having his Doggles on now, rather than associating them with ear drops as I feared he would!

ETA: The K9 Optix that indi_dog mentioned are made by Doggles too, but are more like a fashionable wrap-around pair of sunglasses so don't offer as much protection as the original Doggles.

Edited by Mooper

We went looking for a pair for Monty but the shop told us that unless you start thyem from when they are a puppy it is very hard to get them to stay on. They even let us try them and you bet all Monty wanted to do was get them off his head....

We went looking for a pair for Monty but the shop told us that unless you start thyem from when they are a puppy it is very hard to get them to stay on. They even let us try them and you bet all Monty wanted to do was get them off his head....

Riley did this too - I think it would be a natural reaction for any dog.

I would put the doggles on Riley for 30 seconds and tell him to stay.

Id then give him a treat and make a fuss.

Then over the next few weeks I gradually extended the time until he would wear them around for 15 minutes.

After that I gave up :) only because I found Riley didnt REALLY need them and that he could do without and be much happier.

*giggles*

Sorry but I think they're bloody funny.

One of my dogs has a pair but it just doesnt sit right, its too tight around the eyes and squishes them up.

*slaps sas for laughing at the funny doggles :D :) * :p Sas that reminds me, where are the photos of Leila with her cute little boots on :laugh: .

What boots? I think you're on drugs again! :rofl: