Would You Invest In A Heated Therapy Pool

If you don't want it, i might be interested :thumbsup: (even though i'm in melbourne). I'm looking at setting up hydrotherapy further down the track - but if i can get something cheap enough i would jump in now. $5000 (or under) sounds a very good price. Remember, would there be any setup/installation costs to think about?

I would seriously think about insurance if your hiring to others - never know what can happen.

Good luck

Remember if you rent it or have people use it it you will need public liability insurance otherwise your cheap pool will become an expensive item.Also if people come & they have kids what you are responsable for

The legal requirements would be worth looking into b4 you convince yourself you'll justify the cost by renting it :rofl: .

There will be legal issues even if people use it for free. Remember those cases of burglars suing for tripping over something in someone's home?

If it's what you really want and you can afford it, go for it!

I read it that the OP's loan is <$5000. I can't imagine the pool would be so cheap.

Best wishes for whatever you decide :thumbsup: .

Even if I never let anyone else use it, I think that the use I will get out of it will justify the cost, I never intended to purchase it to make money or to pay for it via renting it, it was sugested here and was something to consider, but I have enough on my plate with full time work, dogs, showing, family etc to have to worry about people suing me cause they triped on rock in my yard, obviously I have good friends etc who I would not hesitate to let use it but thats just me, I trust my friends and if they turn around and sue me well, its a very sad world we live in...

Yes it is rather cheap, it was custome made for the current owner who now no longer uses it and I assume needs the space and possibly the money, I have seen heaps photo's, spoken in depth to the current owner, and yes it is the bargain of the year if I go ahead and buy it, which I most likely will.

There are no installation requirements as such just get it home, fill it up plug it in to a power point and turn it on, its not overly big and will take up half a single car garage...so I think my mind is made up...

Thanks for all the oppinions and advise, obviously if I do want to let more then close friends use it I will look at the liability insurance, I may even look at it just in case with friends using it....how do people go with having friends over to swim in their "human" pool etc do you have extra liablility insurance just in case?

I guess I just needed reassurance that I wasn't going overboard buying such a thing just for my dogs, non dog people already think I am a nut case with the amount I spend on my dogs, future breeding plans etc so to them buying a special pool seems absolutley ridiculous, even to some of my doggy friends this would seem ridiculous, but I think the luxury of being able to swim my dogs at home whenever I want is worth it...plus my dogs will have all the health benefits swimming provides...

:thumbsup: Go for it! :rofl:

Shouldn't think the liability insurance would be much at all - it's not like you are doing anything life threatening like horse riding or motorbikes. My public liability ($10m) and business insurance for over $100,000 of equipment only costs $340pa.

You might not have the time at the moment for paying customers, but there might be a time in the future where it would be worth having a morning a week for paying customers! Very handy option if you suddenly have ginormous vet bills etc - you could tell friends that it is your insurance policy in case of lost jobs, vet bills etc. Non doggy people always understand that idea :)

if u are worried about liability - get someone (read solicitor etc) to draw up a document about no liability for loss or damages and they can sign on their way in :thumbsup:

sounds like a great plan to me (will be great for dogs as they age - you can make sure they stay healthy with a swim :D )

Oh how lucky If I was able to buy one I would. Thought about it as a business as I think it will become very popular both for dog sports and rehab purposes .

I take Maggie once a week for hydrotherapy and also she goes in a underwater treadmill .I have to drive over 1 hour away but it is worth it as it has helped her heaps.

Maggie showing of the spunky life jackets.

maggie56.jpg

Edited by magthedag