Would You Invest In A Heated Therapy Pool

Would you guys buy a heated home pool for your dogs? I have the oppertunity to buy one specially made for dogs, heated, with filter, harness set up with mini crane to lower them in etc, the works...it is just the right size to be set up in a single car gargage,

the cost is actually very good, although I would have to take out a small loan and I mean small to cover it, I could easily have this paid off by the end of the year.

I have a dog that would most certainly benefit from regular swimming, his chirpopractor keeps telling me to swim him more, as well as an aditional dog joining the family soon who I am sure will love a swim...

What would you do? would you buy one if you could? its seems a little extreeme to have a therapy pool at home, but I am soooo tempted, I would love to hear what other people think and if you would but one if you could...

Edited by MellG

Yeah I have thought about perhaps renting its use out, there are no therapy pool options in our area and I could see that it could be in demand...If I was to rent it out I would want a vet clearance for the dogs showing that they are infection free, I don't know as I said I am really really tempted, but worry this would confirm that I am a crazy dog lady who buys a pool just for her dogs...

Well its heated, and my dogs love swimming so there is no reson why I couldn't use it everyday or every second day...

Listen too me, can you tell I am trying to convince myself this is a good idea :)

I reckon its a great idea.

If your dog's going to benefit from it as well, why not? :)

Plus if your dog no longer needs it you could hire it out to people who do. Maybe local vets could help you find people who have dogs that might benefit from the pool for a small fee??

Remember if you rent it or have people use it it you will need public liability insurance otherwise your cheap pool will become an expensive item.Also if people come & they have kids what you are responsable for

Yeah I am in Western Sydney, If I was to rent it out, I don't think it would be to just anyone, just people I knew, through showing, obedience etc, and of course lovely DOL people. At least that way it would be dog people who hopefully would have a clue. Plus its my home I dont want strangers coming around, in this day and age you just cant trust people which is sad...

I'm not looking to make money out of it, so the hire cost would just be to cover the cost of running the heater, filter, maintenance etc.

I think I am going to get it, my OH was like its your money I am not going to tell you how to spend it, I think he has the guilts over taking out a similar sized loan to do up his car....I think I shall have to ring the bank tomorrow and suss out my options

If it's under $5K just do it. My sister spent $12,000 on a (human) spa pool (in Armidale where it's quite chilly) for her dog that needed hydrotherapy after spinal surgery.

Wow, if you can please do it and I'm sure people will pay to use it for any number of reasons. I didn't realise how important hydrotherapy was before my fur-nephew's problem.

Edited by benny123