Anyone Tried To Get A Urine Sample?

I found the pan from the "brush and pan" set the best. Has the handle (so keeps hands out of the way) and its shape allows you to pop it down fairly low but still has heaps of room for catching lots.

Pour the excess on the weeds in your garden/lawn. :eek:

ETA: Another advantage in having trained to go to the toilet on command. :D

Edited by Erny

I've used clean tupperware or takeaway food containers. I've taken them on our walks (with the specimen jar in my pocket). A passerby looked at me quite strangely when I was collecting it - I just said I was being a good citizen and cleaning up after my dog :eek:

I will never forget the time I took Bertha a foster girl to the vet and he wanted a urine sample, here I am walking the streets in peak hour traffic trying to get a sample

Every time she squated I put the frying pan under her and she jumped up and ran LOL

Everyone in their cars was laughing

I managed to get a sample in a sample pot with Bree but it took awhile as she didn't like me hovering round her while she was trying to go :) Xena, I would have real problems though as she is so low to the ground she looks like she is sitting. Hopefully I won't have to do her as I doubt I could get anything under her :D

I had to get a sample from old Bronson so I went and bought a frypan from the salvos... so much easier to use I was trying with a bucket or a bowl :D

Rugs.. might be better if you can get a sample on the day you go to the Vets.

Guest Clover

I think it is no more than 12 or 24 hours old Rugerfly :). But yep as soon as you get it in the fridge it goes.

Tinny squats right down on the ground aswell, i will dread the day i have to get a sample from her :D.

I had to get a sample for Pippa when I had her. Thankfully, I took it in the morning, just after she woke up, so I didnt have to take her for walkies to get her to do her business :rofl:

I managed to just use the sample pot (although now I have plenty ideas if I ever need to do it again) but I had her on lead and followed her very closely just incase :D

Cant imagine what the neighbours must have been thinking :(

Yay, I got one :rofl: :D :provoke::laugh:

I tried this morning, then again this afternoon and she stood still. She ran up the backyard though and I had the dish ready, and I saw her squat, i ran full bolt up the hill and threw the dish under her. I can not believe she sat still..... :D