Pup Doesn't Think Much Of Eukanuba

Why the change though??

That's my question too. If the pup's doing well on a super premium food, why would you try a much lower quality food? Euk is pretty poor in comparison to both Eagle Pack and Nutro, you've only got to read the ingredients list and SMELL the foods to know that. :confused:

Coming off Nutro and then Eagle Pack, maybe he's been spoiled and eating Eukanuba is beneath him? lol

Anyone else tried Eukanuba and whats the feedback? My pup is on Large Puppy variety.

What a smart pup you have. He has discerning taste.

All of my guys are on Euk and love it. I have had the puppies right through to adults on it with no issues. My kids love the adult maintenance. Personally I think there is way too much hype over what brand is best. We all choose what is best for our dogs based on experience/price and results. It may take a few days but your dog will adjust.

samoyedman - eukanuba has a money back guarantee so if your boy won't eat it, take it back to your place of purchase for a refund.

Can't help you with other super premium foods though sorry - my 2 are on EP which I have to purchase online and have sent up as it is not stocked anywhere up here. Worth it though. :confused:

samoyedman,

How about trying Royal Canine? I am not sure how it compares to Nutro but I supplement my boy's diet with it and it agrees with him very nicely. He used to throw up and have diarrhea when we tried Eukanuba.

Nutrience, Royal Canin, Pro Plan, that is all i can think of.

THey are all great.

Some suppliers deliver to your door with any of the foods. There is a supplier who advertises on DOL that deliveres to your door.

I changed my dogs to Advance coz I could just get it up the road so for convenicence. Both dogs were always hungry and putting on weight, mind you I could only use the Advance that did not have corn in it because of Tilly's allergies and the biscuits were very small.

I've gone back to Eaglepack and Pet Deli, no affils whatsoever, will post it to me and it arrives 2 days after i Have ordered it online. If I know i'm seeing my mum and dad they deliver to the doorstep in Sydney northshore, not sure whereabouts you are.

so i'm going to stick to eaglepack from now on. and the dogs like it much better, they thought it was a treat when i was handfeeding them it to see whether they liked it or not.

are there any other "super premium" kibbles besides Nutro and Eagle Pack?

Yes, but sadly they're not available in Australia. Canidae is one, Timberwolf Organics is another.

Why not resume either EP or Nutro? IMO you get what you pay for and in the case of dog food, this can mean the difference between great ingredients and poor ingredients. Why feed inferior quality if you don't have to? :(

Guest Pandii

I have one here that will not eat any top range dog food, but will quiet happily guts a lower/cheaper food and table scraps

Maybe you dog just has different tastes to most