Steve Austin

No, he doesn't but from my past experience with him, he's always willing to chat:)

He's taken over boarding/training kennels in Dural.

edited because of bad grammar!

Edited by Sabby

I went to his 2 days workshop at Geelong Obedience Dog Club in June. It was fantastic, he is really good and is very helpful.

He never wrote any book or training manual because he said every dog is different and there is no one way to train all dogs. He said we know our dog/s best and we must choose the best way that suit each dog, eg. toys, praise, food, etc.

here's his kennel website

http://www.petresortsaustralia.com/

How old is Steve now? I met him over 20 years ago.... he must be around 50 odd by now???

Yeah, I would think so. Never did get to ask his age. But did enquire of his marital status :eek:. He's a genuinely nice guy with tonnes of compassion, understanding and tolerance of people. And of course, great with the dogs too. I could learn a lot from him!!!

He only just got married??

He must of got divorced, then married again??

I went to school with his daughter and spent a fair bit of time at their house.

Bummer that he left Hanrob. I wanted to take Riley to his traning classes when I was going to try and get him into flyball, but instead I got some lady and I had quite a bad experience and never went back.

hi,

I have been reading the forum topics on this site for the last week - the information and discussions are great.

I am also picking up my first staffy pup this weekend and have been looking into training for him even before i put a deposit on him 4 weeks ago. I asked the Pet Centre for locations of puppy schools - they advised not to call anyone other then Steve Austin.

He is currently located at Dural Petlands - i got in contact with him and his wife Vicky. The time and advice he and vicky gave me was fantastic. To be honest i didn't expect someone that well known to offer so much time over the phone whilst running there business - it explains why he is so respected. Anyway i have booked into his puppy training school at the end of August at Riverview.

I'm looking forward to the training.

Cheers

To be honest i didn't expect someone that well known to offer so much time over the phone whilst running there business -

Yes - this was one of the first things that endeared me to Steve when I first met him. He bears no airs and graces and has time for everyone.