Mindless Brag Page....

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rofl::rofl::laugh::rofl: YAY OSCAR, YAAAY DOGDUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Huge, huge congratulations. I was wondering how you were getting on yesterday. What a FANTASTIC debut and totally totally well deserved. He is a fantastic dog and huge props to you for doing that. Getting high in trial with that helluva score at his first trial. I think that deserves a big :love::) from all of us. Seriously, that was brilliant.

PRODIGYBXR, my thoughts go out to you too and I really feel for you that that happened. You are such a fantastic trainer to have your dog work the way you do and it would be hard for your poor little one after what happened at Knox. Better luck next time... you know how many times I had to say that to myself LOL.

Hope to see you both at Southern!!! Wish I could have been there yesterday :rofl:

And Bridgie Cat, not to mention you getting a pass in that appalling weather and your title too!!!

WOOHOO! Some great results for a couple of DOLers this cup weekend. Who needs a win at the races. :laugh::love::)

Edited by Arya

Hehe love the photos in this thread, they look so proud of themselves :love:

Once again, mine's not that impressive, but my boy passed up a class at school on the weekend. Even better is that he's all but completely stopped barking at other dogs from the car and he's met the stare of other big dogs a couple of times lately and looked away! He also stood a couple of metres away from a rottie the other day, no reaction whatsoever even though they were almost facing each other.

So doesn't sound impressive, but for a dog who never used to look away he's doing well! He's also not getting as worked up as he used to and is more willing to come away from whatever is upsetting him so he's beginning to really "get" it. I finally feel like what I've been doing with him is working and when the instructors at school say he'll get there eventually I actually believe them now :laugh:

PRODIGYBXR, my thoughts go out to you too and I really feel for you that that happened. You are such a fantastic trainer to have your dog work the way you do and it would be hard for your poor little one after what happened at Knox. Better luck next time... you know how many times I had to say that to myself LOL.

Hope to see you both at Southern!!! Wish I could have been there yesterday :rofl:

Houston, we have a problem :rolleyes:

Thanks for the commiserations, dogdude and Arya!! These things happen.

She's dropped 3 times in a row now, so this week I have joined a club(or two, actually :rofl: ) to do groups, to hopefully help her overcome it.

See you guys at Southern if it's not hot!

Bridgie Cat, that is a beautiful, beautiful photo. You must be so proud! What a lovely dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::) I am madly encouraging my daughter to get a Sheltie. I think they are one of the best small working dogs around. I love them :(

Congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another mindless brag from me.

Last night at agility training - we have gone up to the highest class now - as we have been trialling for a bit and gained titles/ passes etc :cheer:. This means rather than running/ breaking down novice/ excellent courses, we run/ breakdown higher scale excellent/masters courses (and maybe some games :cheer: )

We had a masters course set up last night with quite a few nigglies around - 2 jumps next to each other and the tunnel/dogwalk discrim (note: I have one of the worlds *biggest* tunnel suck dogs!)...

I've been doing a bit of work with him; some ideas I got from the In Focus Need For Speed DVD and Gina O'Keefe's low drive/ high drive seminar - i've noticed the improvement too!

Anyway - back to the point. I was most impressed that my dog ran a CLEAR round (multiple times!), not to mention, quite a fast run too, around the masters course! Nobody believed me when I said he hasn't passed out of Novice yet :p. :rofl::)

What's more is my little velcro dog also did an 'out' and layering (weavers) to allow me to handle the final jumps with minimal 'fluffing' around :D :)

But what I was most proud of was he did the discrim between the tunnel/ dogwalk - and I didn't have to do any blocking, redirecting or anything like that - he *listened* and did the said obstacle I asked for :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Go Leo, Go Leo :p

Fingers crossed for this weekend. In an act of stupidity we entered our first open obedience trial :eek::o ... I need to start picturing what he CAN do, not what he may stuff up :o

Edited by leopuppy04

I'm sure you guys will do great, you and Leo are a fantastic team. With the level of focus that you have with him, not too much should go wrong.

I cant wait to be competing in Open. There are some great trainers to pit your skills against (and learn off)

Best of luck to you Leopuppy, Arya, Prodigybxr at Southern, and anyone else attending (Glorybea?)

GO LEO! What a great team you are LP and Leo and you're sure to go great this Sat. Yep, Glorybea is in Southern too Dogdude. I am not pinning my hopes on too much as my girl has gone troppo in the ring I don't know why. But, I will follow the routine and feeding routine and little tricks I used at Eastern EXACTLY and we got a pass last time so at very least, it will be a test to see if those left of centre tricks really worked or if it was a fluke. And we're still having fun with those post games too which have made the post a great place to be :)

Let's hope all DOLers do great at Southern. At very least it is now not going to be a hot day, so will be a great day out to catch up with everyone :rofl:

A tiny little brag from last weekend in that Miss Beans can now be called excellent Beans since she got her last leg for her excellent jumping title. Then in her first masters agility run she went clear and finished 5th :rofl: Amazing really since Beans only started trialling in April this year and really doesn't have the skills to be running in masters.

Now fingers crossed that in 2 weeks time we can change her name to Ch Beans........ :)

A tiny little brag from last weekend in that Miss Beans can now be called excellent Beans since she got her last leg for her excellent jumping title. Then in her first masters agility run she went clear and finished 5th :rofl: Amazing really since Beans only started trialling in April this year and really doesn't have the skills to be running in masters.

Now fingers crossed that in 2 weeks time we can change her name to Ch Beans........ :D

Oh wow! Congrats Ptolomy! Best of luck for the Ch Beans :cheer:... We are still working toward Ch Kinta..... next year is her year :):eek:

That's a huge achievement - I've only started trialling with Leo in March this year - and we are nowhere near masters!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks everyone for the good luck / congrats :cheer:. DD - you'll be in open in no-time... Arya- looks like i'll be at the trial after all!!! :o :o

Go Ch Beany baby in the making - guess who might be going over to help celebrate :eek: (my jackpot if I am good :) ). Ooops did I say that.

My baby brag is that after Ness was stressed out of her mind before evening entering the ring in Open at our "final" obedience trial for the year on Saturday evening I took her back out to the same grounds (happens to be our club) for a UD ring session last night and she worked bloody brilliantly. She has the majority of her exercises down just fine. Not bad for a dog I was going to give up on obedience with this time last year. All the other much more experienced dogs were making errors and Ness just hit the ground running. All with no yelling or shouting or forcing my dog to do the exercises (unlike all the other dogs out on the grounds that evening) :eek: .

Edited by ness