Uti

Teebs

Just wondering if anyone knows of something I may be able to give Kaos before taking her to the vet.

She is peeing a LOT. At first I thought it was marking ( At Mum and Dads at the moment) But tonight she woke up, and before I could get her outside, she peed all in her crate (NEVER done that before) When i got her out and took her outside, she went another few times.

We just did a 4 day drive, and she has problems peeing on lead, she did go a few times, but not often :(

She isnt showing any pain, and is happy, but is also off her food - She was the same when we did a big drive a few months ago, So i thought it was just that again, but she still isnt eating now we are home :)

Any ideas?

Edited by Terrorbull

Sounds like the start of a UTI, i dont know of anything you could give her sorry.

Poor little girl, i hope she feels better soon.

Edited by Clover

my boy was having a few issues after we moved (he wasnt sure where he could pee etc) and got a bit of a UTI. He would go out and pee for ages (not properly just kinda squirts). I put him on a couple of good splashes of ACV with brekkie and dinner and hes all good 2 days later.

Peeing normally and quickly. Hes never had a problem holding it but it was taking him 15 minutes when i let him out to finish :(!!

Hope shes feeling better soon :)

She was crying a bit tonight when peeing, but the vet said not to worry to much if she did, it wont take long for the meds to kick in

Oh, she also has a scratch under her leg that i found on Saturday night, i have kept it clean, but still a bit red and sore, so it is good she is on ABs, will fix that as well!

TB I had a girl who had a couple of UTI's and I started her on Cranberry tablets. Bio Organics have a 10,000mg plus acidophilus tablets..or they are more like caplets than tablets. She's never had another UTI since I put her on these and I now give them to all the girls as a preventative.

will do some research on it, thanks

The vet said it was caused by the fact she held on so long. so if i ever have another big car trip i will have to work out what to do with her.

She is snuggled up on my bed with At now, hasnt needed to pee in 20 mins, lets see how she goes