Perth Royal Show Obedience

ness

Well done to Ptolomy and my favourite little duck dog Scoota on their fantastic performance in winning Open Obedience at the Perth Royal Show today. Just goes to show all that hard work that Ptolomy put into distraction training before the Royal paid off. Her other non-red dog older girl Lara was actually leading until she apparently decided to graticiously let the young Scoota win by going down in her sit stay.

Way to go Ptolomy on your fantastic work with not only 1 dog but 2 dogs doing outstandingly at the Perth Royal. Just goes to show whatever you are doing in the way of training must be working.

Success comes to those who deserve it and you for one certainly do. I have never met a more kind and generous person than yourself (well ok I lie there are a couple but your up there at the top).

Huge Congratulations and here is to more success for you.

Hey this is a bit of a surprise. I am tickled pink with both my kids today and all the distraction work was worth it.

Scoota came second in UD as well - just couldn't find the seekback - but he tried ever so hard. As for open both kids worked really well. Lara's heeling isn't as good as Scoota's but after heelfree she very rarely loses a point. Aparently she dropped 5 seconds before we returned in the sit stays. :) I had somebody else handling her in the stays as Scoota wont work for anybody else. Big thank you to Amanda for doing this for me and it was no fault of yours that Lara dropped. I guess its not very often you get offered the dog leading a competition to take in for stays :laugh:

Took the kids to meet the crowd after the stays and that was a big hit - I had kids, families and grannies all crowding around wanting to pat the kids and to share their fairly floss.

Back to the Royal tomorrow for agility

Oh wow - Congrats Ptolomy no wonder you are tickled pink :):rofl:

If you want to try your hand at a couple of Aussies - i've got two who will probably love you training them (if it includes food, toys and attention :) ;))

I mean - everyone is always looking for a new adventure..... right?! :rofl:

Good luck today - let us know how you go :rofl:

Oi LP no I have already told her I'll swap Scoota for Ness anytime - even on the two for one offer of having to take Blaize as well :rofl: .

But yes Ptolomy if you ever want to experience something different I am sure we can loan you a couple.

You know how food obsessed Ness is :) .

Well today my little red boy added a 6th in open agility and a 4th in masters jumping to his Royal Show achievements. :) This is up against some of the best dogs in the country.

Gees I have been lucky to have two brilliant dogs in my lifetime - both of which are currently still competing.

Tomorrow we all get to sleep in and recover - looking forward to this bigtime!

• 4 years later...

LOL Wazzat - this was back in 2007 when I was trialling 2 dogs at the Royal Show. Tomorrow I am taking 4 eek1.gif

I had to laugh reading this thread - Scoota had trouble finding his seekback - hmm not a lot has changed rofl1.gif

oops I am a wally! Bjut still when are you having a Xolo??? I blame the bloody thunder here, I cant concentrate as the dogs are going wild and a Xolo is a bit much on my knee at the computer!!