Mobile Dog Groomer Sunshine Coast?

shana

Hi, I have a 16 week old English Cocker Spaniel who needs a bit of a trim. I have rung a few dog groomers and I don't like the idea of having to drop my dog off for up to 6 hours just for a haircut. does anyone know of a good mobile groomer or a parlor where I can wait while she gets her trim?

I live near maroochydore QLD.

Thanks

Vicki

Very few parlours will allow you to wait & as trimming a dog isnt a quick process & a pup requires time & patience to be spent so its first groom is pleasant.

how do you want her groomed??

Are you wanting a groomer who knows how to hand strip her top coat & retain the correct cocker coat or do you plain to clip her off long term??

You need to decide what you want & use a groomer that understands what you want,many will clip her top coat without asking as they havent a clue how to hand strip.

Some cocker breeders do grooming so maybe your dogs breeder can suggest someone who nows what there doing.

As this is the start of the busy season you get many overnight groomers trying to cash in so pick wisely

Listnen to showdog!. If a groomer says they will do it in 1 hour then you can bet your bottom dollar that the groom won't be right, nor will the dog be introduced to the whole grooming process pleasently.

I really don't understand why everyone wants to rush their dogs first clip. Good groomers would turn a dog down if not given enough time to do the clip you desire perfectly.

But I do think 6 hours is abit over the top for a 16 week old puppy.

Edited by IrishCharm

I have all the necessary equipment .

Nidawi groomed and showed me how to do Maggie a few times till I felt confident enough to do it myself. I am sure she will be happy to show you also. Not sure how you would organise it but she may want another visit to the sunshine coast :laugh: or you can have a holiday up north.

It isn't an easy breed to groom properly but with a bit of practice and someone to show you can do it.

If you can do it yourself, learn how. You get such a great satisfaction starting out with a hairy woolly monster and ending up with a gorgeous looking princess / prince.

I can help certainly it just depends if you want shana to be stripped or clipped. I can show you how to do both but of course stripping takes much longer, a lot of skill and persistence.

One thing keep the feathers, even if you clip the body leave the feathers on. :laugh: If you take you to a salon do not let them clip her off fully.

It took Nidawi a good 4 hours to strip Maggie ( but she was very woolly)and groom her to perfection. At 16 weeks the time would be getting her used to the noice and feel of the clippers.

PM if you want and I can certainly help but remember I still have my L plates on.

Edited by magthedag