R I P "pipa"

persephone

Tonight, we helped Pipa cross the bridge :bottom:

14 years ago she was brought to me as a tiny tiny kidlet, rescued from the jaws of a feral cat.

She was companion to the dogs ,until a lamb and another goat joined the family.

Such a gentle little thing..she never grew any bigger than a large dog..and was so sweet natured...

For the past 3 years she had various problems caused by a tumour in the pituitary gland... but she always was good tempered about everything.

WE were hoping it could wait until after Christmas, so she could go with Emma, our old sheep, who has now had a stroke or something, is blind and not doing well.

However, today was the day.

:laugh:

I'm sorry for your loss. Our best wishes and most positive thoughts are coming your way.

I'm so happy for you that you are able to see the privilege you had and the sheer joy she brought into your life even though you are mourning.

Thankyou folks..yes, I have 2 other goat girls..one due to follow pip over the bridge soon..she is also old and has a lung problem :) The other is only young.

Both of these are quite bossy and aggro with dogs/sheep/each other :( pip was just the perfect lady....even when, my old Kieran dog grabbed her tail..and pulled the tip off!!! They were friends..but he was exuberant..and used to do the same to the horse !!!

Lots of nice memories :) Only one or two pics, but lots of memories...