Where Is The Cheapest Place To Buy A Dremel From?

Chocolate

bunnings had them on sale for $148 but mine didn't have any left so i got the demo for $90 and $100 worth of extras thrown in

if not mitre 10 has them

they have a smaller cordless sort of Lshaped for $128 but i wanted the big one

and it is the best thing i ever brought i am so happy with it no more cutting the quick

and the dogs actually lay there and let me do it

dfa

thats the cheaper L one

if they have 5 available i would go to bunnings or mitre 10 and have a feel of one for yourself

then get one of them if you don't mind that shaped

the speed and power of that one is a bit less but for dog nails really wouldn't make a difference but it is how it feels in your hand should be the biggest decider

dfa

I had a cheap brand $25 one which was okay for a while but the motor gave out recently. Hence I thought I'd buy a dremel branded one this time around that should last for years.

Thanks for letting me know this is the L one DFA

Which is the dog one from the US Settlvr?

I'm not wanting to use a dremel instead of nail cutters but as well as them. I want to cut the nail down and then dremel to neaten and balance the nail. It gets rid of any burrs and any wonkyness from the cut. Just takes it down smoother.

Edited by Chocolate

you get a better shape to the nail instead of a straight cut

and it is so much quicker for me to go out and go zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom and one paw done

i always used cutters and thought nah wouldn't be easier until i used one and now i love it

depends on the color of the nail darker nail are easier to cut the quick on but once you cut the quick once you don't want to do it again

i've only ever done it once on a friends dog as he moved just as i cut and he bleed for donkey's

if you only have a smaller number of dogs to do probably not worth getting one just for convenience but when doing larger number of dogs i can't believe how much time i used to waste doing nails compared to now

personally i think it would be a personal choice and what you feel most comfortable with for me i love it but others probably love cutters just the same

dfa

ETA you don't get splitting of the nail either

Edited by dogsforall

Im a lil to scared to do this also...I been told it does a great job and u dont hear the click click on the fllod of the dogs nails on the tiles..

I been told if i do use it, use a stocking and put the dogs nails tho it to keep the hair out of the way ( if u have long haired dogs)

:(

I got mine from ebay for about 30.00 on badboyz recommendation - its a golfing one - and it works a treat.

Also a DOLer sent me to this site which has fantastic information on dremmelling nails - thanks so much whoever it was. Link here

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Westiemum :(

I got mine from Super Cheap about 3 years ago for $39.95. It has done 7 dogs weekly and is still going strong.

I am pretty sure they still have them. It is called "Superworks Rotary Tool Kit"

It comes in a hard plastic case with heaps of attachments, but only use the sanding discs for dogs nails.

It has 10 speeds but I find #2 is plenty fast enough for dachshund nails.

It also comes with a stand for hanging the dremel, then it has an extension hose thingy with the sanding disc on the end, so the motor noise is away from the dogs, and it is much easier to manouvre.

I love it and wouldn't be without it, I do 126 nails per week in about 15 minutes, and it gives a much better finish than nail clippers.

All but 2 of my dogs sleep now while I am doing their nails.

Hi guys,

I'd like to give something back to this wonderful community that is giving me so much help and info. If you go to the link I pasted below you will go to a tool store where you can buy a purpose made dog nail dremel at an amazingly low price of $39.95 with just $5.00 postage. I had bid for the golf one on ebay but was outbid at the last minute which I'm actually quite happy about now as it allowed to to purchase online this one which is designed for the job at hand. I'm over the moon with this price of $44.95 all up as I saw they had them at the local shop selling for $75. I would have bought it at the time but I'd already placed a bid on ebay!!

Happy buying:-)

http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/dremel-cordl...ombo-p-754.html

It turns out we already own a Dremel, yay!

OK, so I'm a bad owner... my dog's nails are not at a horrendously cruel length, but they must be a bit uncomfortable. Cutting them is such a stressful experience that it doesn't happen very often.. well, they're too long. I think he has been chewing his paws too, because one paw looks as though it is bleeding.

I saw that DoberKim page and I will follow those instructions to get Jake used to the experience. So are there any extra safety precautions I should take when starting out?

It turns out we already own a Dremel, yay!

OK, so I'm a bad owner... my dog's nails are not at a horrendously cruel length, but they must be a bit uncomfortable. Cutting them is such a stressful experience that it doesn't happen very often.. well, they're too long. I think he has been chewing his paws too, because one paw looks as though it is bleeding.

I saw that DoberKim page and I will follow those instructions to get Jake used to the experience. So are there any extra safety precautions I should take when starting out?

When I get my dremel I'll type out any instructions on or in the packaging. I'd say if you follow that Doberkim page you'll do pretty well though. The only thing I would suggest as an extra precaution is a dust mask so you don't breeth in all that ground nail. Good luck