Who Would Be Your Dream Trainer?

As we know Australia has some great trainers.

But if you were to invite an overseas trainer to train with personally and/or to hold a seminar/workshop who would he/she be?

As a side question has anyone heard of an English obedience trainer, Sylvia Bishop?

No one would know any of my preferences, as they retriever based especially regarding drills.

My choices would all be trialling based, which would limit contenders somewhat...........so I think I would love to train with U.S based Diane Bauman for her ability to obtain many perfect scores of 200 in a trial, using multiple non working breeds. All those 200s must count for something worth knowing.

She is also a competitor on the world stage in agility, as well as a seasoned seminar holder.

There are also many great trialling guru's here like Gina O' Keefe (who I would also like to spend a week training with), and also 5 or 6 great handlers here in Melbourne that always figure in the results columns on the trialling circuit who occasionally obtain the magical 200.

I am lucky enough to have a guru living virtually in my own back yard - can't beat Sue Hogben - who time and time again has helped me with my kids. She makes everything seem so easy and has a way with getting the best out of each of them. :love:

Have to say this is not only in obedience, but retrieving and now agility too.

:( Ptolomy - you know next time she comes to visit we might decide to keep her. Besides which I think your selling yourself short - for everybody else who doesn't know her Ptolomy has brilliant dogs and is a brilliant instructor too :love: .

Sorry to hijack your thread :love:

I belong to Shepparton Obedience Dog Club and we would like to get a guest up from Melbourne (or down from Southern NSW) to conduct an obedience seminar - covering heeling, open work, UD, UDX work.

Can anyone suggest someone who'd be willing to come to the country and has great communication skills ?!?!

Sue Hogben and Gina O'Keefe both do seminars throughout Oz - however Steve Davies?? lives in NSW and maybe worth contacting.

Do any of them have their own website where I could find contact details? I googled and it brings up where they are conducting seminars but not their own sites or details. Or can someone pm me their details if they have them.

I did Gina's workshop in Geelong with the crazy black dog sometimes known as Kira and she was great!

I thought someone would've picked Victoria Stilwell, or is she just a TV celebrity. I know my dream trainer wouldn't be from Queensland.

I'd pick Victoria simplyto see her training in leather pants :laugh:

I've already got my dream trainer :thumbsup: (I'll stop crawling now :( )

Some posters are very naughty. LOL. Overseas suggestions please.

Does anyone else wonder, how trainers will be educating their dogs in 100 years, when we are pushing up daisies?

Sorry, I'm bad :laugh:

I did a agility clinic late last year with Elisha Calhoun and she was great. I think one of the biggest thing in a good trainer is how they communicate with their students and how personable they are.