Grrr! Nothing's Ever Straight Forward!

Kirislin

I've been running around snapping pictures like crazy and thought I'd better tackle the computer side of things so I can show off all my pics. So I put the EOS solution disk in and my computer comes up with a message:

The screen resolution to execute EOS Digital solution disk is not sufficient.

OK

Does this mean my old treddle computer cant deal with it. Is it too old? This crap always happens to me. Do I have to now buy a new computer before I can view my pics properly? Sigh, that'd be right.

anyone know for sure?

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

I'm too chicken to try anything else but what it tells me because on the computer lead that comes with the camera it warns me

STOP!! Be sure to install the driver software from the enclosed CD-ROM before connecting the camera to your computer with this cable.

I was able to post a couple of pics I took with it because a friend downloaded them on his computer and then emailed them to me.

I have another really dumb question. With the san disk thingy, the card that you buy separately it also has a disk but I have no idea what it does. it says, data recovery software for any memory card format. When do I use that???? :kissbetter:

We always use card readers plugged into our computers, it is treated like

an extra drive and then we just copy and paste the images over to

the main computer drive. We don't bother with cords/leads and disks.

(or maybe I am just naughty).

What do others do?

There is always more than one way to skin a cat.....

I use a card reader. They are simply must faster than connecting the cable to the camera. I also like that the computer just sees a drive. I don't install the software that comes with the cameras, either. They are so cheap now that it's totally worth spending a few bucks - mine reads a whole range of card types, which is nice coz it seems like I use about 100 different types of media cards LOL Mine's tiny and light so I just pop it in the laptop bag when I go.

Which camera do you have and are you running Windows?

I have another really dumb question. With the san disk thingy, the card that you buy separately it also has a disk but I have no idea what it does. it says, data recovery software for any memory card format.

Not a dumb question at all. This is a recovery program ... if you accidentally erase the images from your memory card before you have them downloaded and saved on your computer/hard drive, you can run this program to recover the files from the memory card. You must use this program BEFORE you reformat the card! It's been a lifesaver to several people that I know and is a good thing to have, for sure!

Edited by kja

We use card readers plugged into the Mac (or PC, whichever) and would never ever plug a camera direct into a computer or TV. Only because I totally respect advice of the pros who have told me never under any circs to do either, and explained how a camera can be wrecked if things go wrong. Not worth the risk to me. A card reader is cheap enough and easy to use.

We use card readers plugged into the Mac (or PC, whichever) and would never ever plug a camera direct into a computer or TV. Only because I totally respect advice of the pros who have told me never under any circs to do either, and explained how a camera can be wrecked if things go wrong. Not worth the risk to me. A card reader is cheap enough and easy to use.

I didn't know it was risky, thanks for the heads up :)