Kelpie Cannot Pee

Hi all, haven't been here for a while.

Yesterday after I got home from work I noticed our 12 yo Kelpie was peeing more than she normally does. Then I noticed she was only TRYING without success. Over and over. No stream. She would go and lie down, hop back up about 3 minutes later and try all over again.

Any ideas? She doesn't seem overly distressed about it.

DS

Edited by David See

Could be a simple cystitis, means the urge is there without the need. If it is, it definately is not nice and she needs to see a vet. Once diagnosis and treatment are sorted there are lots of home remedies said to help avoid a recurrence.

She has had an inverted vulva for some time (looks like a small plum) but the vet said there was nothing to worry about. Maybe this has something to do with that?

I doubt it has anything whatsoever to do with an inverted or immature vulva.

You need to get this girl to a vet URGENTLY. She is in pain.

I don't wish to appear rude but if you were in pain and couldn't pee I bet you would be off to the doctor with without delay. You wouldn't be sitting at the computer posting about it looking for obscure reasons to avoid having the problem attended to.

Yep, classic signs of UTI and she does need to see a vet asap as it is painful. Imagine yourself with a urine infection or a kidney stone and trying to pee, not nice at all :laugh:

I don't wish to appear rude but if you were in pain and couldn't pee I bet you would be off to the doctor with without delay. You wouldn't be sitting at the computer posting about it looking for obscure reasons to avoid having the problem attended to.
How would you know what our circumstances are? So, yes, you were rude. Edited by David See

Well, I don't wish to appear rude, either, but, gee, do you think perhaps there might be reasons why we couldn't get to the vet as yet and came here for advice while waiting to do so?

I just love people who slip in at any opportunity to have a little dig...

You gave no indication that you were taking the dog to the vet. Had you mentioned your intention to do so there would be no need for everyone in this thread to comment on the urgency of seeing a vet and explain how painful a UTI is. Neither would anyone have asked what you would do if you were suffering the same problem :laugh:

You did mention you noticed her having problems yesterday. Have you taken her to the vet yet?

The longer you wait the worse her pain will be and the longer and more difficult it will be for her recovery.

It's not a case of slipping in a dig, I don't know you and have no reason to have a dig at you :rofl: It's about us being unanimous in our concern for your dog who is suffering acute pain.

eta: I see you have edited your post. Irrespective of your circumstances your dog needs to see a vet.

Edited by cavNrott

ou gave no indication that you were taking the dog to the vet. Had you mentioned your intention to do so there would be no need for everyone in this thread to comment on the urgency of seeing a vet and explain how painful a UTI is. Neither would anyone have asked what you would do if you were suffering the same problem

You did mention you noticed her having problems yesterday. Have you taken her to the vet yet?

The longer you wait the worse her pain will be and the longer and more difficult it will be for her recovery.

It's not a case of slipping in a dig, I don't know you and have no reason to have a dig at you It's about us being unanimous in our concern for your dog who is suffering acute pain

*nods*

How would you know what our circumstances are? So, yes, you were rude.

You can call me rude if you wish but I'm not cruel. I never neglect the health of my dogs.

Have you taken the dog to the vet yet?

Just how one of my bitches was when her urethra was blocked by a bladder stone - lead to an emergency operation to remove it. Hope this dog has now been to the vet. Ruptured bladders are not a good thing!!!