The Disaster Thread

OK guys,

Time to have the opposite of a brag thread.... God knows I need one!!!!!

Anyone trialling in obedience in Vic at the moment would know how frustrating my poor little man is at the moment :o

I need to know this happens to other people too!! His work has been SO good lately, it's just one minor thing he does wrong... and as you can see - it's always something different! So if anyone else has any stories/ disaster attempts - this is the thread for you!!! The dogs that deserve the 'wooden spoon'!!!

:rofl:

Leo is just showing what a clever boy he is... Never mind Leo, your Mum still loves you even if she offers to sell you on ebay.

I have way too many tales to tell about stuff ups that both dogs and I have done in the ring over the years.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have way too many tales to tell about stuff ups that both dogs and I have done in the ring over the years.

Please tell us about some Kallistar ?? :)

Yeah - make me feel better about having a uh... disobedient Aussie :) :)

LP, thsi thread is hilarious :) :) It's more fun hearing about broken dogs and handlers :)

Isn't it just - btw - I just :) Cooper.... he gives great cuddles!!!!

He's a pretty friendly boy, loves getting in everyones face. The only problem is he likes to give everyone big tongue kisses right in the mouth :rofl:

I am currently writing a book on 1001 ways to fail UD!!

I have an evil little bitch that knows UD so well that she can devise ways to fail and hasn't had a pass in years.

Once we got right through to the end and were celebrating when the judge decided that we didn't have enough points to go on to the stays.

I was EXTREMELY upset!!

Especially for LP :eek:

I took Zig to the beach early this morning for his usual mad off lead gallop. As always, we did some informal recall practice - I called him back from a particularly interesting pile of seaweed, rewarded him with a piece of carrot when he returned promptly, then released him to play with a good natured Standard Poodle. The two of them played for a bit, then literally started a pissing contest :laugh: Zig was getting a little too close to the walking path for my liking (not near traffic or bikes) so I called him back. No response. Tried again. No response. Tried to look 'interesting'. Still no response. Rather shamefaced by this time and seriously annoyed, I marched over to put his lead on him. No response. Looked to see what was so damn interesting and realised that someone had dropped some food on the ground. What was it? Yep, grated bloody CARROT!!!!! :shrug:

Not a trial disaster as such, well it kind of is actually because I'm missing two this weekend, with none now until May :laugh:

Our disaster here is a really, really bad combination of confinement with Kennel Cough and an extremely active dog who is bored out of her brain :D Poor little sod :)

Why oh why can't people keep their dogs at home when they know they've been exposed :laugh:

Edited by feralpup

Guest Clover

It sucks doesnt it FP? i wish people would just stay away when they know there dogs have it, or have had it recently :laugh:. I hope your girl is feeling better soon.

Not a trial disaster as such, well it kind of is actually because I'm missing two this weekend, with none now until May ;)

Our disaster here is a really, really bad combination of confinement with Kennel Cough and an extremely active dog who is bored out of her brain :cheer: Poor little sod :rofl:

Why oh why can't people keep their dogs at home when they know they've been exposed :rofl:

Oh bugger feralpup, that's not good news.

Teka and Todd said hello to Darcy a couple of weeks ago and we talked about KC, but they haven't had any sign of it. It's been going around flyball circles recently, has it been around the agility dogs too?

Please tell us about some Kallistar ?? :rofl:

Yeah - make me feel better about having a uh... disobedient Aussie :cheer: ;)

Like trying leaving the ring in the middle of a figure 8...... handler that is.

Spirit leaving the trial ring to go and get her treats in between exercises.

Tux being told by judge to pipe down, he sat for two seconds and thought for a minute and then said WOOF WOOF WOOF ( No I won't) had the handler and judge in stitches and then continued on woofing out to the mat.

Same dog answering judges for me when asked, are you ready before I even have a chance to say YES.

the list goes on....

Same dog answering judges for me when asked, are you ready before I even have a chance to say YES.

the list goes on....

I love it how you have Tux answering you when you are asked "Are you ready"!

he is such an exuberant, happy worker!!! Hows UDX coming ;) :rofl:

Spirit leaving the trial ring to go and get her treats in between exercises.

Tux being told by judge to pipe down, he sat for two seconds and thought for a minute and then said WOOF WOOF WOOF ( No I won't) had the handler and judge in stitches and then continued on woofing out to the mat.

the list goes on....

;) :cheer: I can just see Spirit doing that, and well Tux, what do you expect from an Aussie thats looooooooves his obedience so much :rofl:

the list goes on....

the list goes on....

UDX??? Hey we have only just gained our OC. title.

UDX is a great class to judge though, as I have judged it at a members comp that wasn't taken too seriously as all the dogs that was in it was just learning. It is just as well I couldn't lose any points for laughing at some of the stuff that one of the competitors did to encourage her dog to go to the prescribed area ( sendaway/recall exercise). I told the lady to go out and show her dog where it was, she walks out and did a beautiful run out to the box and about turn with a wiggle of the bum to sit down exactly how her dog does her sits. Her dog still didn't go out to the prescribed area.

What you mean you haven't got him ready with bells ringing for UDX in a week :rofl:. I know you were dead keen to start UDX though - best of luck with it :cheer:

ROFL at the lady and the UDX exercise :rofl: ;)

While I am keen to get started training, at the moment I have something else to contend with. Plus I have to learn how to control the voice box a bit better so that I don't sqeak or shout my commands nerves ...........................

This is only one example of what happened that day.

One of the oldest sayings in obedience is that you have to have a sense of humour as you never know what is around the corner.

Edited by kallistar

Disaster at Ballaarat Obed today

The AM Trial was not very good, but the afternoon trial was the disaster. 10 points for heeling, 28 for Stand for Exam, followed by X X and then 30 each for the sit down stays making a grand total of 38 + 60 - 98 Oh bother.

The judge didn't get one pass for the PM session.

I tried to get him hyped up but he just wasn't with it. How did your dogs work today?

Was it that the weather was so calm or was it just a lazy day, or was it a full moon last night or is there one tonight, No, it was me again, it's never the dogs fault, it is always the handler :D :rofl:

post-6277-1207390194_thumb.jpg

Was it that the weather was so calm or was it just a lazy day, or was it a full moon last night or is there one tonight, No, it was me again, it's never the dogs fault, it is always the handler :D :)

post-6277-1207390194_thumb.jpg

Bad luck :confused: Maybe, just maybe, you were on such a high from your last pass that you were slightly different in the ring :wink: Also, I just read that Tank was in the next ring, that can put off a novice dog :rolleyes: Yes, Cooper has been distracted by people he knows in the next ring :rolleyes: