The Disaster Thread

Was it that the weather was so calm or was it just a lazy day, or was it a full moon last night or is there one tonight, No, it was me again, it's never the dogs fault, it is always the handler :crazy::happydance2:

Bad luck :cooldance: Maybe, just maybe, you were on such a high from your last pass that you were slightly different in the ring :wink:

Your Not wrong there, I was so confident until we started heeling and then I knew, disater about to happen.

Also, I just read that Tank was in the next ring, that can put off a novice dog :happydance2: Yes, Cooper has been distracted by people he knows in the next ring :cooldance:

Yes well, brother's, sisters and mother's in the rings near by plus Roy, Yilditz and me makes it very hard for the dogs of the Poruse clan. (I'm sure I put similar wording in a message a while ago) :eek:

Gambit had a visit from his brother, after we had finished our Novice Trial. The Judge was giving me some hints on what to do and was taking too long as well as standing too close to the next ring.

Tank & Gambit said "Hello, lets get up to some mischief?" They did for a few seconds then came back onto the planet and remembered what they were supposed to be doing.

His sister, Charlie got up in the downs and walked about 1/2 way across the ring. The judge got her to drop and Gambit was watching her, then she decided to crawl, Gambit was in the 3 minute drop and I was praying that the 3 mins would turn into 30 seconds as Gambit was very interested in what his sister was doing, then my judge said Return, Oh what a relief.

What a joy it is to see the Poruse clan getting so excited at seeing one another.

The look on the peoples faces when Tank ran over to Gambit was so funny, I'm sure they all thought that a fight is about to start. They saw two very happy dogs greeting each other. My judged said "Don't let them play" but he was too late the dogs had already retured to where they were supposed to be.

Oh the joys of Trialing

:cooldance: :cooldance: :):):cooldance::cooldance:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have loved reading all the stories and watching the video's in here, we're not even ready to trial yet but I think I'm going to be spending ALOT of time in this thread with my stories :rolleyes: :):):)

WG - I was talking about it to someone yesterday - she was checking up to see if Leo was still for sale :eek: .... I had to laugh when she said - well - Leo had a cracker year last year... there really was only one way to go..... DOWN!!! :laugh::eek: :eek: Lets hope he doesn't get stuck down here though... The brags thread is more comfortable :mad:)

I have loved reading all the stories and watching the video's in here, we're not even ready to trial yet but I think I'm going to be spending ALOT of time in this thread with my stories :rolleyes: :):):eek:

WG - I was talking about it to someone yesterday - she was checking up to see if Leo was still for sale ;) .... I had to laugh when she said - well - Leo had a cracker year last year... there really was only one way to go..... DOWN!!! :laugh::eek: :eek: Lets hope he doesn't get stuck down here though... The brags thread is more comfortable :mad:)

Maybe I should sell mine now and save all the embarassment :)

OMG, in the agility run it looked like Leo has been channeling a black dog I know :):eek:

:rolleyes: :laugh::eek:

Crazy enough - makes me THRILLED to see it as I've been working this past week on just SPEED.... If that is the effort of 1 week of 'remedial' training - I can't wait to see what else he has to offer :mad .... Maybe he'll be a 'working spot' after all :).

No more trials for us for a little while though :)

OMG, in the agility run it looked like Leo has been channeling a black dog I know :(:)

:laugh::shrug: :p

Crazy enough - makes me THRILLED to see it as I've been working this past week on just SPEED.... If that is the effort of 1 week of 'remedial' training - I can't wait to see what else he has to offer :) .... Maybe he'll be a 'working spot' after all :).

No more trials for us for a little while though :)

I loved the run! I must say even my nut hasn't kamikazied off the seesaw - Leo's one up for that :( He looked like he was having a blast!!!

We're doing Bendigo's double agility trial on 11th May and then that's it until Wangaratta in August (where I'll have to kidnap handlers, I'll be a turtle by then)

OMG, in the agility run it looked like Leo has been channeling a black dog I know :):)

:laugh::shrug: :p

Crazy enough - makes me THRILLED to see it as I've been working this past week on just SPEED.... If that is the effort of 1 week of 'remedial' training - I can't wait to see what else he has to offer :) .... Maybe he'll be a 'working spot' after all ;).

No more trials for us for a little while though :(

I loved the run! I must say even my nut hasn't kamikazied off the seesaw - Leo's one up for that :( He looked like he was having a blast!!!

We're doing Bendigo's double agility trial on 11th May and then that's it until Wangaratta in August (where I'll have to kidnap handlers, I'll be a turtle by then)

At least he doesn't bite me on the butt like some dogs I know :) ;)

At least he doesn't bite me on the butt like some dogs I know :shrug::(

That's because yours isn't such a big target :p :laugh: Besides it's motivation for the handler to get her commands correct so as not to tick the dog off and be reprimanded by the dog for giving slow cues :)

Leo is a rocket! LOL! Love the seesaw trick!

Benson isn't ever gonna get to any trial-able standard. Hell, in grade 1 obedience, he can't focus long enough to do a simple drop stay! And it's only for one minute. Poor little dude got stung by a bee on Saturday though, so I can't say I blame him for not wanting to lie down where the bees were. But that was only ONE class......he doesn't have that excuse for the rest of them.

LOL Gayle - makes me so proud to hear someone call him a rocket!!!! We've been trying to increase his speed so looks like it's working :confused::laugh::rofl:.

As for the see-saw trick.... lets hope he doesn't repeat it!!! So dangerous!!!! :D :D

WHAT?!?!! No disasters this week?!?! :eek::wave:

Ok.... FINE! I'll share mine...... AGAIN!

Well - apparently my previously good herding dog (read, we herd about once a year....) doesn't know what sheep are there for and they MUST be some sort of weird distraction training that mum is trying to trick me with.... LOL!

Kinta just wouldn't herd on Saturday :love:. Leo did very well though :)