Goodbye My Carli Girl

carlibud

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys I know everyone understands how heart breaking it is.

I have actually got through today with no tears, we keep coming up with the things she always got up to,and it brings a smile to our faces, cause she had so much personality and was the naughtiest baby I have ever had, but would go through it all again just to have her back. :cheer: Miss you Bubba

Our neighbour was very upset when we told her, and said she was my guard dog too, her husband works away, so she always knew that if Carli barked there was someone around ,

Poor old Buddy hasn't got a clue how to be a guard dog :D

He misses her dreadfully he just whimpers all the time , funny cause she gave him such a hard time but he abviously loved her.

Great there goes getting through today with no tears.

Run all you want now baby and chase all the balls you can find , hopefully someone will be throwing them for you, you never felt that we could throw them long enough for you did you baby. :D

RIP my beautiful Girl

Thanks Anne,

Yes it has helped with Kez here, she was with me within 5 mins, as unfortunately, it was her daughter that saw that she had been hit, she ran straight inside and rang saying Check the dogs are both outside I think Carli has been hit by a car and of course we were saying dont worry of course they are OK, so it was very hard on her as well ,she felt guilty that her daughter blurted it out like that but we were glad we knew so quickly, it had to be only a matter of minutes after it happened.

Thanks

Deb

She was beautiful... my parents have a GSD... they are too smart for their own good sometimes... can open all the doors and gates. :hug: I'm sorry for your loss. It's my (and I'm sure many others) worst fear.

Yes, we used to say all the time, she was too smart for her own good.When she started opening the gates, we couldnt believe it but she never opened them if we were on her side of the fence only if we were out of her sight,

If she picked up a ball we could say no, not that one, and she would drop it and watch and wait for us and we would say no get the other one and she would fly around looking for another ball or bone.

She understood everything we said to her , we forget and say it to Buddy now, and he hasn't got a clue what we are talking about.Just carries on his own merry way. :thumbsup:

She had so much personality, its so hard to walk out without her there, annoying Buddy or dragging the entire content of the shed out cause its been raining and she is bored,one thing the yard has been tidy. :rofl:

Miss ya Bubba :rofl:

Yes very true Caz.

But the thing is ,in our case the gate leads into the garage from the patio area and the garage door is always shut, but because we were going back out ,I left the door open, (thats why I feel so guilty,) even though it is something we had done hundreds of times, she never opened the gate to escape, only to get to us ,if we were in the garage, but this time she did it when we were inside the house ,and I know you should never assume you know that they wont do things but the dogs are both very obedient and they just never left the garage.

Carli was ball obsessive and she would drop her ball over the grate at the garage door and sit 2 inches from it for an hour, if she had to, and still not go over the grate to get it, and would wait for us to get it for her.

We will never understand why she did it this night, maybe she saw or heard something that was not right, :laugh: we will never know but as everyone that knows us ,would tell you, they can not believe she went out,

I know your not having a go at me Caz but thought I'd just explain why our gate wasn't padlocked when we knew she could open the gates.