How Many Agility/flyball/etc Dogs Do You Have?

how many dogs?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. how many dogs that compete in dog sports do you have?

• 5+
    • 0 or NA

I voted 2........But you knew that........

I keep wanting another puppy, but then I keep thinking how tired I get with just the two of them and a pretty full on job. I couldn't work 3 at a level I would be happy with so 2 is it for now.

LOL I know exactly what you mean. But I keep on wanting another puppy too! I blame Ness with her new puppy coming soon she is making me jealous :laugh:

well i have 4 at the moment... 3 of which are competing both in Agility and Canine Disc/ 2 of these are also training on sheep.. and have had some flyball training although that has been put aside to concentrate on sheep.. the other has competed in Flyball... the 4th is 7mths old.. and has been started on sheep is in training for canine disc and agility...

i am already planning the fifth puppy at the end of next year... and the 6th will come in about 3-4 years.. how do i fit it all in not sure i work full time... and also quite regularly have rescues or boarders at home as well , currently have 6 dogs here(2 boarders) took them all away on the weekend to a 2 day agility trial where i ran the 3 dogs... i love it and don't think i could ever go back to just 2 dogs...

2 for me - my local council limit - and to be realistic, I think my limit too. Both do tracking, one does agility, and the other does obedience - or rather, we try. I'm trying to get some impulse control on him round agility gear so that he can do agility too. I work 4 days a week, and Sundays are usually taken up with dog school stuff. Finding time for tracking training is my biggest problem at present, time-wise. We won't even talk about the general training problems :laugh: .

2 dogs in training. 1 is doing agility & obedience the pup is doing obedience and I am trying for showing as well. Would also like to do some herding.

I think is also depends on work, other hobbies etc as to how much you can cope with. I have a full time, quite demanding job. A house on acreage that I look after by myself and I also show ponies.

After the weekend I have realised that something needs to give as I am getting rather stressed out. Giving up the job would work, lol. I am much more enjoying the dogs now so it looks like the ponies will have to go.

I like to do classes with the dogs. Trying to get to multiple classes is probably the most challenging thing. Training the 2 dogs at home (and playing with the 3rd older dog) is quite easy.

I am struggling a bit with the end of daylight savings though.

0 :laugh: well none in formal training or looking at competing anytime soon.

Mac was doing flyball for a while but it's too hard to get up to noosa when we can't drive and mum generally doesn't get home till after 5. So that'll have to wait till I get a car.

Would liek to have atleast 1, maybe 2 within a few years though lol

Edited by busterlove

I have one dog and up until recently we have been competing in agility. We haven't done any training or trials for about two months now and its looking like we wont be going to any more any time soon. I'm really busy with school work :D this year plus I work and play soccer and netball so dog activities are getting pushed to the end of the que. If I really wanted I could still continue with agility (ie. use time like now to do something useful! :thumbsup: ) but I'm loosing motivation for everything these days so that wont happen unless I pick up my game now! The worst thing is I don't even have any motivation to do agility any more which really sucks because I want to want to do it (ha if that makes sense). :laugh:

I have two dogs, both compete in flyball (National Champs :D), Darcy does agility and obedience as well. Nova well.....we have competed in both but it was a disaster so back to training for both of us :laugh:

Both dogs are in training for UD, and can do CDX easily, its my nerves in obedience that get in the way especially with Nova.

We are also attempting tracking at the moment too :thumbsup:

Looking to add a third dog soon as well :o

I have three dogs I'm competing with. However, the oldest is 10 years, pretty much retired from obedience and nearing full retirement from Agility. I rarely train him at all. The second is 6 years old and competes in agility and retrieving quite heavily at the moment and has started tracking training. I might get him back into the obedience ring next year or the year after. The third has just gone 12 months, competes in obedience, GWTs and has started retrieving trials. He is the dog that I spend most time training at the moment.

So, although I might compete with 3 dogs, they are all at different stages of training and competition. I think I would struggle more if they all needed the intense training my youngster needs. That's not to say my 6 year old wouldn't benefit greatly from more training :thumbsup:

eta. My weekends are spent competing in something or other. In the past 4 weeks I have competed with the dogs in agility, obedience, GWT, Retrieving and the show ring!! We have also fitted in a tracking training day or two!!!

Edited by FHRP

Currently one with sole focus on Obedience with the occasional dabble into the show ring.. but I've trained and handled a max of 3 dogs in agility and 2 in obedience at the same time, BUT I had more time then. I'd be flat out with more than one at the moment but next year hopefully things will slow down and I am considering a second dog in the next year or three.

Guest Clover

Clover - 9 years old - Semi retired from Flyball (might have a few runs at the next comp). And we will be back in the Obedience ring in the near future.

Elvis - 4 year old BC - Competes in Flyball. I also do a bit of agility at home with him and Obedience training.

Tinny - 4 year old BC - Competes in Flyball.

Harri - 1.5 year old JRT - Training in Flyball, tricks and one day hopefully agility :provoke:.

My spare time is taken up with dog stuff, but i would not have it any other way.