Poo Everywhere

Jax

My girl isnt really a puppy anymore, more of a teen. But she's had this habbit since she was little. When she goes to the toilet she doesnt just squat and do it in one spot, she would rather walk and leave a trail of turd behind her.

Anyone else with a similar problem?? It doesnt really bother me, its just a million times annoying trying to find it all.

Is there a way to teach her to stay still when she does her business

Thanks

Btw, she is 1y 5m German shepherd.

I have one of those too! He walks along as he poos and leaves a trail - its a pain when doing poo patrol because you have to pick a long trail rather than a little pile.

:cheer:

I feel your pain - my GSD used to do that all the time. Like you it drove me mad, bits everywhere! LOL

Thank goodness Dies doesn't do that too......I'd go batty with another 12+ years of that. Couldn't stop Kayla from doing it, we tried her on a leash, put her in a small enclosure to go - nothing worked. My only tip - keep the lawn short - it's easier to find that way :clap:

I've got a "Wandering Do" as well! :cheer:

And the funny thing is that all of her children do it too so there could be a genetic link! :eek:

At least I can tell which offerings are hers in the scoop run....I have a fixation on the quality of the "output"! :D :clap:

Haha, wandering do sounds about right.

For some strange reason i get a feeling that there is no way to get her to change this particular habbit. Sometimes when shes in the middle of doing her business i tell her to stay, and she looks at me like, "oh mumma what did i do wrong", and runs off to another place in the yard and decides to leave a trail of bread crumbs there too.

April did it all her life. When we 1st got her at nearly 6 w/o I thought it was because she was so young. No such luck. Now we have Tilba & she started in the one spot, but sometimes walks too. It seems that April's presence is still felt. :love:

Edited by luvsdogs