Ugh ... Freaky Extra Toe!

It's kinda hard to see in the pic, but I just found a toenail growing in between two of Angel's toes ... WTF?!!!

Do I leave it? Do I take her to the vet? Do I send her off to join the circus?!! :)

DSCF1163.jpg

[Chopper helped me take the pic :hug:]

Edited by ruthless

It's the black thing beside my index finger. That was the best I could do with the only working camera in the house and no assistant to hold her toes apart. I'll try and get a better one over the weekend.

It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. I sometimes check between her toes to make sure there's no redness as she's prone to bacterial infections. It's the first time I've noticed a spare toenail in there! It's growing out of the skin between the middle toes on one of her back feet. Yeah, I guess I did always know she was a bit odd :hug:

How old is she?

I'd ask the vet about it next time she's there or take her in if she's still a pup (usually easiest to get rid of these things when they're littlies).

Otherwise, I'd leave it be but make sure that extra nail is not too long (would hurt?).

It doesn't seem to be bothering her at all. I sometimes check between her toes to make sure there's no redness as she's prone to bacterial infections. It's the first time I've noticed a spare toenail in there! It's growing out of the skin between the middle toes on one of her back feet. Yeah, I guess I did always know she was a bit odd :hug:

You keep calling her a devil - that is where she hides her horns :)

She and Rex can join a circus together.

I noticed something very simmilar on Rexs paw recently, and he never had this before! It doesnt bother him, it isnt getting any bigger so I left it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, good camera back from the repair shop and OH here to help so I got some better pics ...

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3941.jpg

I caught her licking it so I had a look and it's pretty red so I think it must be bothering her. Off to the witch doctor with her tomorrow!

Freaky, that's really bizare! It looks like it's irritating a bit so think they'd probably just cut it off?

Be really interested to know how that occurs though.

Guest Clover

How odd is that, definitely off to the circus... er i mean Vets for that :).

Seriously i hope it is nothing and it does not bother her too much.

No appointments this morning, so we're booked in for 9am tomorrow. I'll report back! The vet nurse who I spoke to on the phone said it's not that uncommon :(

*goes home to check if her beagles should join the circus*

That's really bizarre. I could see it in the first pic, but the second one is more obvious and red. The first one didn't seem to look red.

It will be interesting to see what the vets decide to do.