Storage For Grooming Equipment

I'm starting to get a collection of grooming equipment and I was wondering what people were using as storage?

I was thinking something like a knife roll would be ideal?

A large piece of leather with pockets and elastic attachments that I could roll up...

This sort of thing:

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kniflugandac.html

http://www.fantes.com/knife-storage.html

So far my grooming kit will consist of:

2-3 combs

a couple of brushes

a stripping knife

a coat king

a couple of pairs of scissors

nail clippers

clippers and combs

Any suggestions?

What's everyone else using?

Guest PixieOfWrath

I use a toolbox from Bunnings. It's big enough that I can keep my shampoos in there too. :rolleyes:

I use a toolbox from Bunnings. It's big enough that I can keep my shampoos in there too. :rolleyes:

Ditto. It's nice and sturdy and I can just wash it out when it gets hairy or a spill oil/shampoo in it :laugh:

Guest PixieOfWrath
Ditto. It's nice and sturdy and I can just wash it out when it gets hairy or a spill oil/shampoo in it :laugh:

Or when you leave a bait bag full of VIP chicken chunkers in it for two weeks between shows :rolleyes:

I was just thinking what I was going to get to house my grooming supplies!

All I need is a new set of clippers (which I'll hopefully get in 2 weeks!) and then my drier which should be the month after that and I'll have everything I need for a while.

It's just too hard transporting everything (not to mention storing it in my house) when it's all over the place!

Ditto with the plastic toolbox. I used the same one for years. FRom Bunnos, the ones with the hard, clear, plastic thingos which slide on top - they house blades perfectly. Now I'm set up in a salon type arrangement everything is in drawers or a hair dressers trolley, but the tool boxes are FAB.

I have a purpose made grooming box (wooden) but its too heavy, so I have gone back to a Toolbox from Bunnings ;)

At home, I have one of those three draw plastic numbers, all the at home stuff stays in there.

I went to Tradetools Direct and bought a Kinchrome electricians case. Its like a massive briefcase with all different sections and little slots for all my shears. It fits pretty much everything and is built solid. Very heavy, but brilliant quality and does the job perfectly!

Look up the Kinchrome electicians kits on the net and you should see them. They used to come in black or silver, not sure wat colours are out there now, but worth a try.

Mine ran me at $200. May be a bit cheaper or dearer now, not sure.

I have my stuff in a baby bag with lots of compartments, its lined and washable and is really light, so it works for me. I did have a toolbox but I obviously take waaaaaay to much stuff to shows.