Good Chew Toys?

Kelpie_Pup

Our 6 month old Kelpie puppy LOVES squeaky toys! She will potter around the house all day just squeaking it!

The only problem is that she is tearing them apart .. first she rips off all the ears and legs of whatever the toy is, then she manages to rip it open and I catch her wandering around with the stuffing in her mouth, and even the little plastic squeaker in her mouth!!

We have treid Kongs and she has one of those wubba toys but she just reeeeeally loves ones that she gets a response from.

Can anyone recommend a good, solid squeaky toy that she won't rip to pieces within a day?? I must say, she has never chewed on anything inappropriate like furniture or shoes (touch wood) and i think this is because we always have toys for her, but she has managed to destroy TWO of her toys just this morning!!

Any suggestions from experienced puppy owners?? :laugh:

Yes the CUZ is Fantastic!! I bought one for my Amstaff boy, who eats squeeky toys in about 5 minutes. He has had his Cuz for over 2 weeks and its not showing ANY signs of destruction.

I got a Good Cuz, but you can get Bad Cuz too, they are very cute balls with legs LOL

There was another thread about this somewhere but I cant find it!

cuz.jpg

Edited by Rysup

my big girl has had a green sqeaky ball for ever. I dont know if she CANT chew it or just doesnt. It was just a cheappy one with grooves, I cant describe it, Ill find it today and post a pic. SHe loves it and squeaks it all day long and its as old as she is almost. lol.

I've got a Cuz here for Ziggy - courtesy of Uncle Horus and his Dalmatian cousins :laugh: he loves it!

As for soft, squeaky toys - I did find one at a pet store - it's got squeaky tennis balls (which you can replace) and has a "tug" rope - it's quite brilliant and very hardy. Can't recall the name - it's got a big Q on the front so not sure if that's relevant.

Ziggy also goes nuts for the small, soft, squeaky toys but shreds them in no time - instead they only come out to play "hide and seek" - he learns something, gets to play with his favourite toy and doesn't have time to destroy them :rofl:

Has anyone tried those Kong Wubbas, I looked at them, but wasn't sure if they'd last so didn't buy one?

I bought a kong wubba for my BC, she loved it, but proceeded to chew off the tails and then rip it apart... Lucky it has two balls inside which she continues to play with.... I don't know if that helps! It only lasted about a week with my not-so-close supervision .... (she only had it at night inside when she was with us - but OH let her chew it up where as I would have taken it off her when she started doing that)

She has two Cuz as well (Medium & Small) and they have not been trashed - I would rate it as a TOP toy - as they are interested in it but don't seem to trash them!

Edited by Papi_Searcher

Willow ate the feet off her cuz in about 5 mins, then lost interest in it :confused:

Her Kong dissapered, god knows where that went :laugh:

The only think she LOVES is the rope i bought her from petstock :mad They are great, i got the thickest one they had, the last one lasted me 4 months.

Have you tired a Staffy Ball? It's not exactly a squeeky toy, but they have a marble or something inside to make them rattle... they also have a lifetime warranty for non bully breeds.

Mine dont play with theirs!

Ats dd does, he LOVES it, he puts a ball in his mouth and runs around headbutting the Staffy Ball - BUT he NEVER stops, and ended cutting his nose :rolleyes: So i had to take it off him. It is now here being unused

I am saving for a home alone, At plays with them at work (paws and headbutts them, he doesnt know you can use your mouth for it as well!!)

Has anyone tried those Kong Wubbas, I looked at them, but wasn't sure if they'd last so didn't buy one?

My GSD has almost destroyed her wubba, nearly ripped off the cove bit its still going after a month or so...

Havent heard of a cuz. Must investigate.

Big thick ropes bones last her ages and she loves them, perfect for indoor!

I bought a great squeeky ball at big W which still makes a noise after 24 hours, thats a record!!

We have a cat Cuz here, and it's firmly at the bottom end of preferred dog toys. Penny will play with it if I get her going, but Kivi Tarro will have a bit of a mouth and gives up. And he's a 10 week old puppy, so I don't know what's going on there. Maybe I'll try a round one.

My GSD has almost destroyed her wubba, nearly ripped off the cove bit its still going after a month or so...

Havent heard of a cuz. Must investigate.

Big thick ropes bones last her ages and she loves them, perfect for indoor!

I bought a great squeeky ball at big W which still makes a noise after 24 hours, thats a record!!

My 3 month old cocker spaniel has a standard size Water Wubba. They are covered in neoprene and aren't quite as tough as the standard Wubba. He plays tug and fetch with his for around 10 minutes a day. He's had it for around 1 month and the 'tentacles' are showing little tears.

I reckon it'll still last a while though.

Have you tired a Staffy Ball? It's not exactly a squeeky toy, but they have a marble or something inside to make them rattle... they also have a lifetime warranty for non bully breeds.

Mine dont play with theirs!

Ats dd does, he LOVES it, he puts a ball in his mouth and runs around headbutting the Staffy Ball - BUT he NEVER stops, and ended cutting his nose :p So i had to take it off him. It is now here being unused

I am saving for a home alone, At plays with them at work (paws and headbutts them, he doesnt know you can use your mouth for it as well!!)

Hey TB, I'll swap ya! Gyps has never even looked twice at her home alone toy!