K9 Force Coming To Queensland

None of this info may be avail yet, but, How long is the course, (weekend?) do we bring our dog?, cost?, stay at tailwaggers?, If we don't bring the dog, is there still a point to coming? or is it better to see our dogs' behaviour?, Oh, I had many more questions, dementia strikes again :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of this info may be avail yet, but, How long is the course, (weekend?) do we bring our dog?, cost?, stay at tailwaggers?, If we don't bring the dog, is there still a point to coming? or is it better to see our dogs' behaviour?, Oh, I had many more questions, dementia strikes again eek1.gif

Ok, the course will be a weekend Sat/Sun with the possibility of an info session on the friday night. You can bring your dog or you can choose not to, it's completely up to you. The idea is for most of the people coming for the whole weekend to stay at CT but some people may not want to or may only want to come for one day. There is definitely a point in coming even if you don't bring a dog as there will be heaps to learn and this is often best done without a dog to worry about.

Note- at this stage we are unsure if this will be going ahead as we can't seem to get in contact with ROM who is organising this but we'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Ok guys, this is going to happen and we're just sorting out some final details such as topics, costs etc. It will be on the first weekend of November (1 & 2) at Camp Tailwaggers.

Topics that people seem to be most interested in are: training in drive, aggression, e-collars, behaviour, but Steve is happy to cover anything that you guys are interested in.

Can I just get an idea of how many people would come for the whole weekend and would be staying at Camp Tailwaggers? Also let me know if you're happy to share a cabin or want your own?

Ok guys, this is going to happen and we're just sorting out some final details such as topics, costs etc. It will be on the first weekend of November (1 & 2) at Camp Tailwaggers.

Topics that people seem to be most interested in are: training in drive, aggression, e-collars, behaviour, but Steve is happy to cover anything that you guys are interested in.

Can I just get an idea of how many people would come for the whole weekend and would be staying at Camp Tailwaggers? Also let me know if you're happy to share a cabin or want your own?

I would definitely be interested in the whole weekend - would just depend on the cost of the seminar + accommodation. I would probably prefer a room on my own as I'd have Micha with me and he does not mix well with other dogs.

ETA: Unless there were people coming without dogs then I'm happy to share!

Edited by huski

I would definitely be interested in the whole weekend - would just depend on the cost of the seminar + accommodation. I would probably prefer a room on my own as I'd have Micha with me and he does not mix well with other dogs.

ETA: Unless there were people coming without dogs then I'm happy to share!

Same :laugh: Monah and other 'unkown' dogs NO. :) I'm interested in fear too :laugh:

Depending on when it is I'll come and costs will decide whether I stay.

BTW, I can only stay if I am in a room alone or with no other dogs... OR the others reach an agreement on letting the dogs out of crates as I won't keep Gizmo in a crate for the entire night (dog aggressive.)

Edited by Lord Midol

I may or may not stay and come the whole weekend, depending on costs.

If I can't afford accommodation I'll only come for one day because it's a hefty drive each way.

I shalln't be bringing my dog - unless there is HUGE improvement btw now and then, but unlikely - so happy to share room.

I'm still confirming costs with Steve but at a guess I'll say that it'll be around the usual prices for a workshop but those wanting to stay, particularly those wanting their own rooms, will have to pay extra obviously.