3 Year Vaccination Question?

This 3 year vaccine is the same product as you have always been given, they just call it a different name!!!!

I've heard they also charge triple the price for the same thing too! Does anyone know if this is true?

Guest Tess32
This 3 year vaccine is the same product as you have always been given, they just call it a different name!!!!

I've heard they also charge triple the price for the same thing too! Does anyone know if this is true?

Depends on the vet. The two I've been to give it maybe...10 bucks more expensive. The problem is that as most vets don't give it by default, they can only order them in in larger packs so they will charge for the inconvenience.

Does anyone know of any dogs who have had the three year vaccination and had a reaction? A friend recently had her boy done (I tried to talk her out of any vaccination as he is 7 and has been done every year). He started having seizures yesterday. He's at the vet today and they've taken blood so we are awaiting results.

This is something that interests me greatly , and I would love to ask a few questions so I apologise if the are a little off topic.

Has anyone had thier dogs titre tested and if so how often and were their levels high enough?

Do you know of anyone that has not had their older dog vaccinated and then they have come down with parvo (or any of the viruses)?

I have never heard of the 3 year vaccination who makes it?

What are your opinions on 3 years vacc's or going without?

I don't want to put my dogs at risk, but don't want to flood their bodies either

I recently had Canine cough in my 2 dogs, a young puppy not vaccinated for it but done with a C3, and a 10 yo Staffy with a heart complaint who was only 2 months 'overdue' for his. The staffy got much sicker than the puppy - his heart maybe? The Staffy no longer gets injectable Canine cough as he has a huge reaction and can hardly move his neck, he also reacted like this to injectable HWorm and hasn't had this for a few years. He has not had this years vaccination and will not be getting it due to my concern at the vaccine reaction that has been steadily getting worse for the last couple of years.

My vet does not agree with the C&'s or 8's or whatever they are. We have had dogs from certain farming areas come down with tetanus, but only those dogs (working sheep dogs usually) at high risk are done.

Sorry about the long post. Eagerly awaiting any feedback.

Rommimum

If your vet even goes near your Staffy with a vaccination needle he should be hung drawn and quartered.

No animal who is sick in any shape or form should be given any vaccinations ever. Your staffy has a heart complaint and has already shown you that he has adverse reactions to HW and Vacc why would you even think about giving him any more.

As for KC i cant understand why people who dont even bother to get themselves the Flu vaccine would even give the same vaccine over and over and over again to there dogs. The KC component has not been changed for many many years in dogs and as it is only does 2 or 3 forms of KC anyway. KC continually mutates so a KC vaccine is absolutely useless to any dog. It is just like our colds and Flus that mutate every year and all year. Just because you get a Flu jab doesnt mean you arent going to come down with the flu or a cold.

There is an absolute ton of information on the net about adverse reactions if people choose to do some googling and reading.

And why dont people ask to see the flyers or prescription notes on medications that they give there dogs but are happy to look at and read there own medication notes.

Having just had a dog go to the rainbow bridge due to Osteosarcoma i did a hell of a lot of research into the Medications that were prescribed and there effects so i knew what to look for and to make an informed decision as to what was best for him in the long term.

It is no different to the reams of notes i got when i was diagnosed with a heart condition personally.

IF you are really concerned you read read and read and then you make up your mind.

Does anyone know of any dogs who have had the three year vaccination and had a reaction? A friend recently had her boy done (I tried to talk her out of any vaccination as he is 7 and has been done every year). He started having seizures yesterday. He's at the vet today and they've taken blood so we are awaiting results.

I got my bullmastiff cross girl the C3 year vacc and she was fine! She is now almost 2 yrs old so i doubt i will ever need to vacc her again as she had her puppy vacs! The vacc for KC is bloody useless, its like us getting a flu vacc every year.

from now on i will vacc my own dogs as pups with parvac at 8 weeks, then get a C3 4 weeks later from the vet. A C3 booster 12 months after the 2nd vacc and they should have lifelong immunity.

She needs to report the reaction & then find a homeopathic Vet to detox the dog. A General Vet will only treat the dog as an epileptic with drugs. All Vaccines can cause adverse reactions, this dog is now a dog suffering from Vaccinosis, and likely has encephalitis.......Normally it is the heartworm shot that causes seizures.

Diesel had the 3 year C3 shot. The vet told me that al shots last 3 years, but most brands recommend yearly, so the vets give yearly boosters so they don' have to take responsibility should anything happen. The shot they used had been changed from yearly booster recommendation to 3 yearly, so they were happy to abide by this so long as it follows the manufacturers recommendations.

I didn't get the C5 upgrade as Diesel has had it before & became quite ill after it had been administered. Was very lethargic & wimpering for approx 2 days after.

My staffy hasn't been vaccinated since his diagnosis with a heart problem - my choice. I have always vaccinated my dogs as per recommendations as I wanted to do what I believed was best for my dog and as I am not a scientist myself I have to rely on the information given to me. That is why I asked the questions, I want to do the best thing by my dog. Someone telling me I am killing my dog by vaccinating it without any back up proof is only words. However with the new research coming out I now can make a more informed decision. I like most owners who love our dogs, vaccinate them yearly as this is what were are told is the best way to keep them safe from very nasty and deadly diseases. I am very torn as I would hate to think I am putting their health and welfare at risk by vaccinating them as this is the last thing I would want to do. My aim is to give my dogs the best I can.

Vet wont titer test, not yet anyways :thumbsup: Said just because the results are XXXX one day, does not mean they will be the same the next day *sigh*

So you CAN get a KC vacc? thats all i really wanted to know - so i can get the 3 year C3 vac, than get the KC every 12 months. (need it for work)

if your vet wont titer test, go to another vet who will.

Guest Clover

I paid about $20 more for the 3 year Vacc for Clover.