Martingale Collars

You can get kangaroo leather martingales in lots of different colours and designs here:

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Martingale%20Collar.html

Limited only by your imagination.

Not cheap though.

Thanks, I will have a squiz...

Hamish McBeth also do leather/colourful martingales:

http://www.hamishmcbeth.com/products/produ...tegoryNumber=40

Had a look at that site today, they are gorgeous and I would love to buy one (or two) of them, the only problem is is that they aren't big enough for my boy :thumbsup:

You can get kangaroo leather martingales in lots of different colours and designs here:

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Martingale%20Collar.html

Limited only by your imagination.

Not cheap though.

this lady does awesum Work, ill be ordering the leather show leads, and collars and also a leather bracelet for me lol

Yes, it's fantastic. Stunning leads and collars.

I've been working on deciding on my leads for a few days now! So much choice!

I'm going to start with buying just leads...then buy collars when Barkly is full grown.

I'm going to start with buying just leads...then buy collars when Barkly is full grown.

It's hard when they're puppies isn't it!! You never know how big their neck is going to get!!!

Just looking at the Leashes by Design website - it would probably take me a MONTH to decide on ONE lead design let alone a whole bunch!!! They are so nice! It's soooooooo tempting...

Edited by TerraNik

It's hard when they're puppies isn't it!! You never know how big their neck is going to get!!!

Just looking at the Leashes by Design website - it would probably take me a MONTH to decide on ONE lead design let alone a whole bunch!!! They are so nice! It's soooooooo tempting...

Yeah - it's taking me ages just to decide on how many strands...4, 6 or 8!!!

I'm also struggling to decide on length.

Colors I think I've decided.

Decorations...just a couple of leather buttons at either end...Maybe a sterling silver tube at the handle end...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just perusing this thread, all very interesting. I have done some extensive martingale collar research on the net and Australia is definately hard to get them. I love funky colours.

I have found this American site who are interested in letting me sell their collars in Australia, just wondering what sort of interest there is around and if it would be useful for people

The website is; www.shoredog.com - they have some funky designs. I wouldn't mind getting some martingales, their shore walkers and some hemp ones for burning round the beach

The inspiration came from my whippet Lucy who thinks she is Houdini

Anita

PS how do you post photos

hi,

I make the martingale and the limited slip out of webbing and wrap in satin. There is some choice of trims not all are up on site but you can pick your own too. At the moment I am doing orders on Poodle collars for show poodles(not on site as yet but will be later on) Hoping to have these collars and accessories available in WA's Poodle National 2009.

I make collars with tassels (mostly home made), swarovski crystals and beads.

My latest was an Arabian show halter with beads and tassels which I sold on eBay for fun, never thought it was going to sell but managed quite well with the profit in the end. I sell some collars on eBay too.

The site is still building up but collars will change with time. Orders and requests are always welcome. Yes so these collars are made in WA, Australia and my site is up on DOL under marketplace Jewelled Hound

Just perusing this thread, all very interesting. I have done some extensive martingale collar research on the net and Australia is definately hard to get them. I love funky colours.

Do you think so?

I find I am spoilt for choice, I have found it hard to make my mind up- All cloth, cloth with chain, leather with chain, triangle slip chain, pull trhough slip chain, cheap, premium, online, in shop...

I just ordered one from my trainer- a nice, strong, leather, triangle chain one.

As for the question of the difference between limited slip and martingale- after searching through many options the only difference Ive noticed is that some makers use limited slip to mean it works like a check chain but as a leather part where the the chain stops, therefore a limit to the slip. the martingale always seems to have a triangle chain. But Ive seen collars called limited slip that have the triangle chain. :(

Hi all

I have found this American site who are interested in letting me sell their collars in Australia, just wondering what sort of interest there is around and if it would be useful for people

The website is; www.shoredog.com - they have some funky designs. I wouldn't mind getting some martingales, their shore walkers and some hemp ones for burning round the beach

The inspiration came from my whippet Lucy who thinks she is Houdini

Anita

PS how do you post photos

They look exactly the same as the type of collars that Huga is making and selling on the forum and she's in Australia. :(

I've got the Rogz ones, they're great!

All the Rogz ones that I've seen have the chain bit. Pele has one for "Sunday Best" but a 100% cotton webbing one for every day 'cos she swims at the beach and the chain rusts :love:

I buy the plain ones thru' my obedience club.